cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Absurd increase in data reporting from Verizon on our data usage.

Deucer01
Miembro

I have two lines on my account.  Most of the data usage is from my line, the other is my wife's.  No updates or changes to either phone.  And I haven't used it any more or differently than previous months.  No idea why my data usage has doubled.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Deucer01, it's important that we figure out your data riddle. To look at more details, we do need to review your account. Please reply to the Private Message that I sent you.

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Deucer01
Miembro

Thanks Joel.  PMed you my phone number.

0 Me gusta

lpgp317
Miembro

I too have the same problem. I have an iPhone 8 plus. This all started September/October of 2018.

I am using my phone EXACTLY the same, and possibly less as I know have an iPad (on a different carrier). I opened the Verizon app and it is asking my to pay for "Pop Data" 30 min for $2. Are you FREAKING kidding me?

Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s important that you’re being billed correctly, lpgp317. I want to help get this fixed. We only provide the data that your device requests from our network and something as small as an application update can change how your device uses data. There is a way to see which applications are using your data each month, by reviewing your data usage statistics. It’s important to note that unless you reset these statistics at the start of each billing period the usage shown may be inaccurate. Here’s how to view your usage statistics: http://spr.ly/6581Dhq4Z

If you haven’t reset your data usage statistics recently, I recommend resetting them at the start of your billing period to capture a snapshot of your application data usage for the month.

Joseph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Luvgisela
Miembro

HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DATA THROUGH THE ROOF SINCE VERIZON HAS BEEN PUSHING UNLIMITED.  HAVE HAD VERIZON FOR OVER 6 YEARS.  I KNOW WHAT MY USAGE IS.  HOW COINCIDENTAL THAT SUDDENLY MY DATA PLAN IS NOT ENOUGH EVERY MONTH EVEN THO MY DATA USAGE HABITS ARE THE SAME.  ACTUALLY, I USE SOCIAL MEDIA EVEN LESS SINCE MY FACEBOOK HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED  OVER 6 MONTHS.  AND REMOVED FB FROM MY PHONE.  I ALSO NO LONGER USE SNAPCHAT OVER 1 YEAR AND TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM RARELY.  HOW INTERESTING THAT WHEN I USED ALL 4 APPS DAILY I STILL HAD CARRYOVER DATA FREQUENTLY FROM MONTH TO MONTH. IN MY USAGE IT SAYS WEB BROWSING ACCOUNTS FOR MOST OF MY USAGE, YET AGAIN, THAT HAS NOT CHANGED. IF ANYTHING ITS LESS SINCE I USE WIFI A LOT. SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING SWITCHING OVER TO A COMPETITOR.  ITS OBVIOUS THAT VERIZON IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ITS CUSTOMERS WHEN SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.  ITS DISGUSTING. 

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Luvgisela
Miembro

No one is asking for sway for being long term customers.  We're just not blockheads. When you're a long term customer u know your usage patterns.  It's common sense.  Maybe you work for Verizon defending them like that.  I don't know anyone who can get by on 2 GB a month. This post is clearly not even applicable to you.  

Luvgisela
Miembro

Did u contact a lawyer? What were your findings? I google searched this issue and came across this post here in this forum.  It's apparent a lot of people are experiencing the same issue.  Gracias. 

0 Me gusta

Luvgisela
Miembro

Can u please share if this issue was resolved? I'm going through the same trouble. 

Luvgisela
Miembro

Please share if you had this resolved? Experiencing the same issue.  Thanks. 

0 Me gusta