cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Absurd increase in data reporting from Verizon on our data usage.

Community Manager
Community Manager

zahmfam20180706, knowing how the data is being used is important. Las categorías de uso se crearon para que conozcas el consumo de data de los dispositivos de tu cuenta.  El uso de data no ha sido diseñado para reflejar el uso de data total ni las cantidades reales de data usada. Tampoco fue diseñado para que coincida con el uso de tu resumen de facturación. You mentioned usage is jumping a GB every couple of days, where are you seeing this at?

Tionna_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

zahmfam20180706
Miembro

I am only seeing the jump on my son’s line for data usage. I use the my Verizon app and data hub to check usage.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

zahmfam20180706,

Those are great places to track the data. We want to make sure you know exactly what is using the data and how to manage it so there are no issues with going over. When you mentioned resetting the data, where was this done? In his settings under cellular is wi-fi assist on? On that same page what apps stand out as using a lot of data?

Andrew_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

JONTRO66
Miembro

Today I noticed a 1.96 GB surge in a span of two MINUTES when I was not even on my phone. My average usage is under 4GB per MONTH as verified by support. Spent an hour with support going through the motions, another hour restoring my phone from back up, and never received the promised follow up call. Called back in and waited for another 15 minutes before giving up for the night. (and yes WiFi assist was off from the beginning) Support wouldn’t even offer up a plausible explanation because there is not one. I want my data back!

zahmfam20180706
Miembro

Under the cellular usage on his phone he reset the statistics. It shows he’s used a gig in one week, but the data hub shows his usage jumped by 2 in the same time frame. Under cellular it shows his usage under Instagram as the highest data user but the data hub is showing his usage as being mostly web. The usage on his phone is 300MB for that app.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the information, when was the data statistics reset done? We recommend to do this when the cycle starts to make sure it matches as possible with the billing usage as well. The usage categories are a tool to reference the usage. The best way to review the date is on the phone through the data statistics.

Paloma_VZW

0 Me gusta

zahmfam20180706
Miembro

We checked the statistics on 7/3 and they were reset then. His usage went up almost 2gigs on the data hub, but his phone statistics only show an increase of 1gig. He was on a trip and used no WiFi, but also kept all games turned off and only used some social apps, maps, and music. It still doesn’t add up. Streaming videos would cause that, but not just music through Spotify. We now have all of his apps turned off for cellular. But it hardly seems right. I use my phone throughout the day, scrolling through social apps or sending snap chats and my maximum data usage in a month is about 3gigs. So why does his go up so much? We have the same phone iPhone 6S. My husband will live stream some days on his Samsung and still has never gone over 4gigs in a month.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's get to the bottom of your son's data usage concern, zahmfam20180706. I would like to move forward with account access. This will allow me to look closely at the data usage reporting. I have sent you a private message.

GinaU_VZW

0 Me gusta

RKMIC
Miembro

I'm having the same issue.  Started about three or four weeks ago.  It's coming from the Apple ID services.  I've been turning apps off cellular which could be related to the service.  I'm still burning data and battery life.  I'm typically a low usage user.

STESHA19
Miembro

frustated here too!!. going through a gb a day on my canteena  internet and we are not using it for anything like movies, music or gaming. it is an office computer. their are weird surges in data at 12:00 am and 6:00am  which consist of 3/4 of a gb. verizon answer is "sorry for your luck" at one point we had almost 3gb in an hour. what the heck no one else has access to the wi fi but my spouse and i. tired of the run around . we have charter at home and only access this plan  at work office .