cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

$800 in Deposits, 0 Straight Answers

PRAYVEN627
Miembro

When I fired T-Mobile in February, I had a choice between Sprint and VZW. I chose the latter because it provided more hotspot data and reliable service. However, it required a $400. The contract I signed does not state when this will be returned, however, I was told "about two or three months." Later, I had to add a Hotspot device -- same scenario, except this time the salesman promised "about three or four months with interest."

So, $800 later, which is more than my rent, I was informed by another agent that I would have this returned "in six months."

Now, it's about six months later and I was told "one year." Then I was told "One year, with interest." I was told I would be paid by direct deposit and now I’m told it would be by check.

When I asked where the deposit goes (in ESCROW? In a specialized account, etc.) I got crickets. "I don't know" or "We don't have that information." When I asked to escalate this issue, an executive was supposed to call me and she didn't.

First problem: $800 does not come easily for an ordinary resident and it is an extraordinary amount to ask for to begin with. I am not renting a condo...

Second problem: I feel defrauded. If I had known that you would keep this for a year, I would not have signed up or agreed to the terms.

Third problem: There is nothing in writing by mutual agreement that states when I will get this deposit back, therefore, my request to have it returned immediately should not be contested.

Fourth problem: Even if you do return my deposit, that does not correct the dishonesty from your salespeople.

Fifth problem: When I ask to have this escalated, I was ignored. Now, not only do I feel defrauded, I feel dehumanized. If it weren’t for your excellent customer service representatives who all tried their best to assist me (and were incredibly embarrassed by the situation) I would have lost my patience by now. Because this issue involves possible training discrepancies, as well as inconsistent contractual and fiscal policies, it needs to be escalated to an executive for resolution. (And executives are not untouchable gods...)

Sixth problem: Did I mention $800 is a lot of money?

What I need:
1 - I want some or all of my deposit returned to me immediately. My account is current, I am on automatic payments, and regardless of what the policy really is, I was not fairly educated on the matter.  
2 – An explanation as to where this money has gone to and why such an amount is required from a non-corporate entity.

3 – An explanation as to why your sales representatives are not privy to the deposit policy and why they are allowed to be dishonest, if that is the case.

4 – And lastly, do you feel I deserve to be treated this way?

Come on, please…let’s get some closure here.
Muchas gracias.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: $800 in Deposits, 0 Straight Answers

Ann154
Expert

Here are the FAQs about the security deposit. Security Deposit Refund FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert

Here are the FAQs about the security deposit. Security Deposit Refund FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

PRAYVEN627
Miembro

That's great. Now, please answer why the sales representatives and other

personnel could not/did not provide this information. Why wasn't this

information on the contract I signed? Do you think after all I've been

through, just throwing a link in my face would fix the problem?

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

I don't know. I'm just another customer like yourself except I have made a point of educating myself on the policies and billing practices for Verizon Wireless so I understand what kind of service I will get from them.

PRAYVEN627
Miembro

I do really appreciate your help and I'm sorry if I seem ungracious. But,

seriously, if it was that easy to just pull up the site or the link, then

why didn't anybody just do so to begin with? Why all this riga-marole,

headache, and drama?! This is exactly why I want to talk to an executive.

No matter how you slice my situation, there's something inexcusably wrong.

0 Me gusta

pherson
Leader

What's wrong is you have poor or no credit. This is a peer forum and not a direct link to customer service. On the website explains how deposits work. 12 months, ontime payments. If you miss a payment or are late/suspended, the time starts over. If you cancel, the deposit goes to the unpaid balance.

Thats your closure.

0 Me gusta

PRAYVEN627
Miembro

@pherson - First of all, you are not helpful, you're snide. Second, you

really should READ before you respond at all. Did I ever ask why I was made

to make a deposit? No. And again, regardless of the actual policies, it

does not excuse the runarounds, dishonesty on behalf of the salespeople,

and my request to speak to an executive to go unanswered.

And Yes, I am aware of what kind of forum this is. But, who do you think is

monitoring it? So, here's your closure: Thank you for your worthless 2

cents and insulting my intelligence. You shouldn't have...no really. You

shouldn't have.

0 Me gusta

pherson
Leader

Your comment is insignificant at best. There is a contact us link where you can get the address to write a letter.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

The executives don't monitor the community forum. There are a few VZW reps that roam this community forum, but there isn't a guarantee that they will respond to any particular thread.

0 Me gusta