Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
$5 auto pay discount
merter2434
Miembro

I just learned today that Verizon does not allow customers to use a credit card for auto bill pay on there site to receive they $5 discount. Customers have to use either a banking account or debit card. I just wanted to bring this to Verizon attention that I do not feel this is unfair! I would like Verizon to look into this matter please. I feel safer using my credit card online and for auto pay than I do using a checking or debit card account. Why should this really matter?? Verizon is still getting a on time payment and pretty much a guaranteed payment every month and feel I should be awarded the $5 discount as well. Hopefully Verizon reads and looks at this message and see's my concern and can change there policy and change this so I will to qualify for the discount.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Re: $5 auto pay discount
jav6

Found out that the discount amount depends on your plan and then ONLY if bank account or debit card is used.  Fortunately, my credit card cash-back makes up for the discount I don't get.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6

I use Auto Pay via my MasterCard with no issues.

0 Likes
jav6

Found out that the discount amount depends on your plan and then ONLY if bank account or debit card is used.  Fortunately, my credit card cash-back makes up for the discount I don't get.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
autopaycharges
Miembro

What a ripoff.  I switched autopay from my bank account to a credit card to get the points.  There was no warning that switching to a credit card would eleminate this discount.  Just a nice fat charge on my next bill.  If it is an autopay discount, and I never discontinued the autopay feature, then why charge me?  I complained and they gave me back 50% but wouldn't refund the fees (multiple lines) even though I changed the account back immediately after receiving my bill. I work in a bank and we have to disclose EVERYTHING so the consumer isn't harmed.  Where's big brother in this situation making sure they don't gouge the customer who doesn't know it's coming. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

We are sorry to learn of the recent troubles you experience with the auto pay system. Being a consumer myself I would definitely be feeling unsettled. I want to ensure you have all the information you need going forward when it comes to opting into auto payment. Here is a link you can reference that will provide you with all the answers you need to our auto-pay system http://spr.ly/6608EjGMq. I hope this helps. ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
mcclent
Miembro

I completely understand your frustration.  The agreement with verizon in order to get the discount is to sign up for auto pay and paper-free billing; this is what I have done.  I set-up auto pay however, I too wanted to use a credit card and was advised by a verizon rep to just pay ahead of the auto pay posting.  I was doing this for sometime and still received the auto pay discount because the agreement for the discount was to sign up for auto pay.  Recently, I received a 15.00 late fee (this is how it showed up on my bill).  I spoke with a verizon rep and was told it was due to not being in compliance with their auto pay service.  The verizon rep said that at least a portion of your bill must go through auto pay and i said okay.  So on my next bill i paid only a portion of my bill ahead of time and let auto pay process the rest and still received a 15.00 fee on my bill.  I was never notified of the change and I think it should be honored as I pay my bill early.  Why not offer customers who pay early the discount?  I was told that the purpose of auto pay was to keep bills consistent and to ensure bills are paid on time.  I am meeting both those objectives therefore the discount should be applied even if i pay my bill early.  How crazy does it sound that I am receiving a fee or being penalized for paying my bill early.  

0 Likes
idler54
Miembro

I too use a credit card for auto-payment, have for years, 15+ probably.  Was told today, it did not quality for the $5/ line auto-payment credit.  We have 3 lines, so paying $15 additional every month because I use a credit card with guaranteed payment to Verizon???  I just switched this month to the 55+ plan with unlimited data.  This a deal-breaker, I will check out T-Mobile and Sprint, Verizon has gotten too big. 

0 Likes
KH-Ornah
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes