cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

$200 Gift Card for Switching

Miembro

I went to a Verizon store near me to start a new account and switch 3 lines over and purchases all new phones for those 3 lines to. The salesman told me that I will get a $200 gift card in the mail in 2 to 3 months for each line that I switched and this is a big reason I decided to switch to. Well never told me about putting a code in online or nothing after a couple months of waiting for these gift cards in the mail I stopped into the store and asked about it and they said that I had to put a code in online to get it and that it's been over 30 days so I can't get it anymore. I feel like I was scammed the way this was done and don't know what my options are now. If I would have know I had to do that I would have did it to get $600 in gift cards, like anyone would. I was happy for switching to Verizon but now having second thoughts after this issue 

1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: $200 Gift Card for Switching

Miembro

I had the same situation happen to me...store employee told me that I was getting $400 (2 lines) in Gift Card per the promotion and to expect them in less than 6 weeks, and that it was taken care of. He never said I had to go to a website and request the rebate.

I added a 3rd line (at a different store) and was told it was going to get an additional $200, and again was not told that I had to go to a website.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

staceythomas, We're glad to have you as a part of our Verizon family. We do regret to learn of your experience as you should always have the proper expectations prior to any purchase. It's important to us that your gift card issue is properly addressed and we'd like to obtain some additional details in order to ensure your matter gets resolved. Can you tell us the store name, address and date that you visited from our store listing page here:  vzw.com/stores? Can you provide us with the sales rep name from your purchase receipt:  https://login.verizonwireless.com/vzauth/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmyaccount.verizonwire...? Were there any other promotions offered at the time towards phones or services?

EbonyR_VZW

Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you for your quick response to this issue. I have the store address and sales rep. Information you asked for. I went into the Verizon store at 671 E. Main Street Danville, IN 46122 on 9/30/2019 and decided to switch me and my fiance's services from At&t and Sprint, and then on 10/4/2019 I had my sister added to my account and she switched from Sprint aswell. We were told we would get $200 gift cards for switching to Verizon and that they would be in the mail in 2 to 3 months and nothing else. The sales agents name on the receipts says, Moorehec DBA TCC Danville E Main.

Also I gave a Galaxy S9 for a trade in for number 317-489-2212 to upgrade to the S10. The sales rep told me that I would be eligible for $550 credit for that phone because of the good condition it was in and that it would be processed before that would change on my bill. I still have not seen nothing about that trade in and shows I am still paying the full amount for the S10+ I got from Verizon. I really have been wanting to switch to Verizon for years now and never expected all this would happen when me and my family did. That is $600 in gift cards we were promised for switching and a S9 I traded in that I have not heard nothing about since I went into the store that day.

I hope that this can be resolved soon and thank you for taking your time to fix this plpl20200114_004354.jpg

20200114_004406.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I had the same situation happen to me...store employee told me that I was getting $400 (2 lines) in Gift Card per the promotion and to expect them in less than 6 weeks, and that it was taken care of. He never said I had to go to a website and request the rebate.

I added a 3rd line (at a different store) and was told it was going to get an additional $200, and again was not told that I had to go to a website.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Miembro

Hey Netpancho, yeah I'm sure it has happen to alot of people really. I don't understand why the sales rep would do that really. It's not good business and we can just switch anywhere else. They should show good business when we choose Verizon over anyone else you know. What did Verizon do to fix your issue? Hopefully they corrected it for you. I honestly don't understand why we even have to do the promo code online or whatever we wasn't told to do. Once we switch over it should just be sent to us you know. Why would anyone just forget to put a promo code in for $600, I know I wouldn't have if I would have know I had to do that 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

staceythomas-

Please respond to my private message to further assist.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I wish I had read the compliants in this forum before I too fell victim to the Verizon bring your own phone $200 Rebate scam. November 2019, I added three lines, bringing two existing I-phones, and purchasing a third I-phone from Verizon after being told by a sales rep that all three would be eligible for the rebate. Well it's now January and after two months of being strung along....by reps promissing that the three rebates were still processing...the rebate center now claims that the rebates are not eligible. This is a classic game of bait and switch, false advertisment, and poor business. I would love to see an attorney form a class action law suit and put the screws to Verizon for doing this to consumers. I strongly encourage everyone that experiences similiar issues to post about it on Instagram, Twitter, FaceBook, and any other platform that they may have access to. Posting only on this site limits the visibility, and we need to bring this shamefull practice of Verizon into the light for the public to know so that they won't fall victim to the scam.

Highlighted

Miembro

Sounds familar,  after waiting  for weeks I contacted the store where I swiched over two BYOP and purchased two more.  Rep said i would receive 4  $250 rebates.  Upon contacting customer service they said ony two lines was eligible for $200 each and the BYOP would only be $150 And thats how the order was put in at the store by the Rep I worked with.  I've not seen the $700 yet!   Total Scam! 

Highlighted

Miembro

I fell victim to this scam in Oct 2019.  I switched 2 lines - each one was eligible for $200 rebate (total $400).   I was told by the sales rep to expect the cards in about 2 months.  When my cards did not arrive, I called customer service - they informed me that I had to enter my information in some website within 30 days.  Initially, I was told it was too late to do anything.  

After multiple calls and many hours, Verizon customer service credited $100 per line (total $200) to my Verizon account.  The Customer Service Rep said this was the best she could do. I find this hard to believe and I am still $200 short.

I like your suggestion of posting about this scam on social media.  I think contacting the Better Business Bureau is also a way to go.  

Note - one of my calls was transferred to the 3rd party vendor that issues the gift card.  I don't understand why I was transferred to them - they could do nothing without a reference number from Verizon.  I found it interesting that the person I spoke with was upset about the huge number of calls from people with this exact same problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

VZW_customer_support,

I see you are assisting stacythomas.  Are you planning to respond to the rest of us (netpancho, BSwack, GiftCardScamVictim, peggy1521)?

A message from you would be appreciated.

peggy1521