cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

12 year loyal customer - very disappointed over lost promotional data and a lack of care and response by Verizon Customer Service

Miembro

We've had a two-line, shared family plan with Verizon since the fall of 2003.  Last Fall, we took advantage of the promotion Verizon was offering to upgrade our two iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6.  When we placed our order on 9/30/2014, the order confirmation stated the following:

2 GB Additional Data for a limited time

GRATIS

iPhone 6 16GB Space Gray 219-***-**** - 1 GB Additional Data.

1GB BONUS DATA/MO FOR 2 YRS Expires10/21/2016

iPhone 6 16GB Silver 219-***-**** - 1 GB Additional Data.

1GB BONUS DATA/MO FOR 2 YRS Expires10/21/2016

Upon activating our new phones the last week of October, we did not get the 1GB/per line promo data added to our account that was promised in our order confirmation.  I spent the whole month of November placing calls to Verizon customer service to have the promo data added. On 11/4/2014, a representative by the name of Pamela said she would look into it for us and, in the meantime, added 2GB of promo data to our account that was only good for one year. I did not hear back from her, so I called again on 11/15/2014 and spoke to Dominique, who was successful in getting the 1GB per line for 2 years added to our account (this data was added to our account on 11/18/2014 and was to expire on 11/21/2015). The extra 2G data that was only good for one year and was put on our account by Pamela never dropped off, giving us a monthly total of 5 GB data (1GB that we paid for and 4 GB in promo data).

Flash forward six months to 4/16/2015 and I get an email notification from Verizon asking me to contact them because someone hacked into my online account. I called in and spoke to Jaime, who reset my online account and told me that she could save me $10/month on my bill (we were paying $40/month for 1GB data and she was going to take it to the new rate of $30/month for 1GB data). I told her that was fine as long as nothing else on my account changed. When I got my next bill it wasn't $10 less, but rather $4 less. I called in on 4/30/2015 and spoke to Lindsay to inquire was my bill was only $4 less and not $10 less as the previous rep had said it would be. It was then that we discovered the change had resulted in my losing the 15% discount I was getting on our data through my employer. Lindsay told me she could still save me $10/month by switching me from the 1GB/month data at $30/month to 500 MB/month at $20. I asked if that would result in any further changes to my account.  She said no, and confirmed that I would now have 4.5GB of data per month (500 MB that we would pay for plus the 2GB shared promo data for one year and the 1/GB promo data per line for two years) instead of 5GB of data per month that we had.

When the changes went into effect at our next billing cycle on 5/22/2015, the 1GB promo data per line for two years that we were promised when we got our new phones and contract had dropped off, giving us only 2.5 GB of data/month, 2GB of which would expire this November.  I called in again (because Lindsay had assured me I would still have my 4 GB total of promo data plus the data that we were paying for) and spoke to Kaylee on 5/25/2015 about the missing promo data. She did not follow-up with me so I called again on 6/4/2015 and spoke to someone named Darnisha who put me on hold for over 20 minutes while she "looked into it" then hung up on me. I called back immediately and spoke to Bobby who thoroughly looked into the situation.  He told me the promo code for the 2 years of promotional data we had was "181" and said he'd create a IPR ticket to get the data added back to my account. In the meantime, he took us back to the 1GB/month that we were paying for instead of 500MB that Lindsay set up so we would not go over our data for the month. I got a text from Bobby on 6/8/2015 stating that the IPR did not go through and that he'd resubmit it for us to get our 1GB promo data per line for two years added back.

After two weeks of not hearing anything and not seeing the promo data added back to our account, I called in again on 6/23/2015 and spoke with Nicole who hung up on me. I called back and got Tesla, who was very helpful. She checked the IPR and confirmed that it was denied again, so she spoke with a floor supervisor and created a new IPR to have the promotional data added back out our account and said we should see something within 24-48 hours.

It has now been an entire week and the 1GB/per line of promo data for two years that we were promised when we got our new iPhone 6s and renewed our contract has not been put back on our account.  I am at a point where I feel like Verizon does not care, nor do they value our business. I firmly believe in being loyal to a company and after 12 years of being a good customer who pays my bill early every month without fail, I don't believe that Verizon values my relationship with them at all. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm not asking for anything extra, I just want my account put back to how it was prior to when I called in on 4/16/2015 because my account was hacked. I've wasted about 25-40 minutes every time I call in trying to get this resolved and I've been hung up on twice.  It seems to me that Verizon does not have competent customer service reps. Had Lindsay told me on 4/30/2015 that the change she proposed for my account would result in losing my promo data for the length of my contract, I never would have made any changes. It appears she did not know what she was talking about, however, and now I'm paying for her mistake. If Verizon does not make this right and the add bonus data back to my account for the second year of my contract as promised when we got our new phones and renewed our contract last fall, we will be switching to a new carrier who values it's customers and delivers on its promises. This has been a very discouraging experience and I just don't have the time or energy to deal with it anymore.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 12 year loyal customer - very disappointed over lost promotional data and a lack of care and response by Verizon Customer Service

Community Manager
Community Manager

Sunshine97,

We don't want you to be disappointed and appreciate your long time loyalty. This is never the experience we want you to have. We will be happy to assist you with this matter. Since this is a peer to peer public support forum, please reach out to us via our live chat or send us a private message via our Facebook page or Direct Message via our twitter page. All of which can be found here:  http://vz.to/1Fo9Ike

We look forward to hearing from you.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 12 year loyal customer - very disappointed over lost promotional data and a lack of care and response by Verizon Customer Service

Líder Sénior

So you didn't call when you were getting more data than you promised?

IF you are getting something more than promised and you don't want to report it and be honest, the #1 rule is don't change anything less you lose everything....

out of the 48 GB promised, how many did you get so far?  About 36 I calculate. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I did via chat and was told that the 2GB promo data added when I was waiting for the other data to be added wouldn't drop off until this fall.  We don't even use the 4 GB of promo data we had. We average 2.5 - 3 MB/month total.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I didn't have the energy to read your entire post- I have a long list of discrepancies with what I've been told and what has happened too. it's been going on for nearly a month now.

Just want to say- I hear your pain....

The reps are always so cheerful and want to help you....

but it doesn't work out that way

0 Likes