Highlighted

What does the caller hear when his/her number is blocked?

mring
Miembro

Successfully blocked a phone number on Verizon, but just wondering if the person texting/calling from that number realizes anything or if it just seems to go through?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: What does the caller hear when his/her number is blocked?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello mring,

Unwanted calls are not fun at all! We at Verizon Wireless understand that, which is why we came out with this neat blocking feature! Since this question gets asked a lot by our customers, I would like the opportunity to provide some clarity on the topic. May I ask are you using our free call blocking option? If so then below is the message that the person being blocked will hear.

"Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call."

If you do not want the person being blocked to know that he/she is being blocked then please reply to this posting so I can provide additional options for you!

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Ann154
Power User

I think it is something along the lines of "this call can't be completed at this time".

Most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello mring,

Unwanted calls are not fun at all! We at Verizon Wireless understand that, which is why we came out with this neat blocking feature! Since this question gets asked a lot by our customers, I would like the opportunity to provide some clarity on the topic. May I ask are you using our free call blocking option? If so then below is the message that the person being blocked will hear.

"Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call."

If you do not want the person being blocked to know that he/she is being blocked then please reply to this posting so I can provide additional options for you!

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

mring
Miembro
0 Me gusta

erinzip
Miembro

How does one prevent the blocked caller (free service) from knowing he/she is actually blocked?

0 Me gusta

USERT242
Miembro

WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS.  I DO NOT WANT MY BLOCKED CALLERS TO KNOW THEY ARE BLOCKED.

0 Me gusta

jteitelbaum
Miembro

Is there an option that would not let the unwanted caller know that he is being blocked??

0 Me gusta

kcopeland
Miembro

I would like to know what the other options are.

0 Me gusta

dmbarry47
Miembro

How can I make sure my blocked caller will not know the call is blocked?

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your inquiry. I apologize, for any confusion. The blocked caller will always know that they have been blocked.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Me gusta