Anybody get slapped with late fees because of delayed US Postal Service?
Pops1234

My recent bill included a 'One Time Charge' - $5.00 late fee for payment past Dec 8 due date.

Bill was mailed 2 1/2 weeks prior to due date and my bank says the check was deposited by Verison on Dec 15th.  I have never had a late payment - EVER.   

I understand the post office was been extremely late with a lot of mail. Is is fair that I have to pay a late fee due to delays with the US Postal Service?  How do I know when Verison actual received my check?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anybody get slapped with late fees because of delayed US Postal Service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to see what's going on there. We know things are different right now. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Airman720

You should be able to contact customer service or financial services and they should be able to rectify this situation for you.

0 Likes
oldandtired
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the second month this has happened to me.  Payment was mailed two weeks ahead of due date in December, but payment was not credited for over a month.  Payment for January was mailed the day the bill came, again two weeks ahead of due date, as of today payment has still not been credited. I have been a Verizon customer for almost 45 years and a wireless customer for approximately 20 years. I have NEVER missed a payment. Other utility payments are getting to providers on time, including home phone and internet through Verizon, only Verizon Wireless is being delayed. I doubt that the post office would hold only Verizon Wireless hostage! I wonder if this is a ploy by Verizon Wireless to force everyone to use online payment?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

oldandtired, we understand the importance of making sure your monthly payment gets applied on time. We are sorry to hear about your experience. To avoid late fees, you will be able to process your payment online. Please review additional methods on how to pay your bill by following this link https://vz.to/2sV4i46. 

0 Likes
oldandtired
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe my thought about being forced to use online payment has just been answered.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow us to clarify, We do have other payment methods, such as in store. What can we help clarify?

0 Likes
oldandtired
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a very rural area.  Nearest store is 30 miles away.

0 Likes
oldandtired
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to be assured that my payment is being processed when it arrives and not left sitting around somewhere until it accrues late charges or the forced use of online payment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. We can assure that payments are processed as they are received. We hope this helps.

0 Likes