sim card authorization error shows up on messages. what does this mean.
lealtajo
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: sim card authorization error shows up on messages. what does this mean.
KLRSKIR
Enthusiast - Level 3
4G outtage in my area as well. All was fixed by the following day. Expect more issues down the road for a while, on and off. Patience is always a virtue

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DeezPool

I just left the VZW store.  I started having issues with 4G on my Droid Razr around noon today.  I called customer service and the guy asked me to power down my mobile, pull out the SIMM, put it back and then power on.  Tried that, no luck.  Was still getting a "SIM Authorization Failure" and it would jump back down to 3G.  Long story short, ended up going to the VZW Store and the guy swapped out my SIMM 3 times.  After the third try, nothing works... no 2G, 3G, 4G, or voice.  The SIMM will not activate at all now.  This appears to be an issue in many other areas as well.  ETR is somewhere around midnight according to the customer service rep on the phone.

0 Likes
roninT80

Same issue here, no swapping of the SIM.  Verizon in-store Rep said it is a nationwide problem and it should be cleared up later tonight...

0 Likes
CNYPeg

I'm having this same issue. Here's my whole story....

Yesterday had no 3g for 2 hours at the same time got this error. 3G came back for 2 hours, then was gone again. Called customer service - problem with data in the area, they are working on it. 3G restored by the morning (not when I went to bed at 10:30pm). Still could not shake the SIM card error after multiple restarts and removing/installing the SIM card. Went to the Verizon store over lunch - got a new SIM card. It tried activating for an HOUR! Retry - no good. I just powered it off, removed/installed SIM, booted - will not activate. Called C.S. again....Very annoyed! They claim there are two issues: both 4G related, but the girl didn't really give me a straight answer. Basically told me that in the next hour (made up time since I asked her an ETA for a fix and at first she said she didn't know). I've been trying to get this phone activated since 1:00PM EST today. It's now 3:33PM. I cannot make a phone call and have no data. More than VERY annoyed!

0 Likes
KLRSKIR
Enthusiast - Level 3
4G outtage in my area as well. All was fixed by the following day. Expect more issues down the road for a while, on and off. Patience is always a virtue
0 Likes