MotoX Wifi Button wont go to ON
clairejc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Soft reset, Hard reset, cleared and no other issues but this one.

Wifi will not come on. When you slide or tap the wifi toggle it stays gray and slides right back to OFF. Will not turn on Wifi and I'm stumped.

Tags (2)
Re: MotoX Wifi Button wont go to ON
clairejc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Vine of the issue. and my tired voice.

Motor WiFi button problems 😞

0 Likes
clairejc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, there is no MAC address or IP - it says unavailable.

0 Likes
clairejc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, update. Followed these steps and it is now working.

If data sync is the problem then try wiping your cache partition. With the phone off press and hold Volume down and then the Power key. You should get boot options and you can use Volume down to highlight recovery and then Volume up to select it. You’ll see the Motorola logo and then the Android mascot, press and hold the Volume up key and then press the Power key and you should get additional menu options in blue.

DID NOT do the last step----->

Use Volume down to highlight wipe cache partition and then the Power button to select it. It will wipe and then reboot, hopefully issue-free.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/moto-x-problems/#ixzz3GGyetiyx
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

0 Likes
clairejc
Enthusiast - Level 2

and it just vibrated and BAM... lost wifi and MAC address back to where it was before the fix.

0 Likes
clairejc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Put phone in Safe Mode and wifi toggle works again. Out of safe mode it wont work. There are no 3rd party apps installed, only the apps that came preloaded on the device. Updating all of those to see if lack of updates was the issue.

(Sorry to keep replying to myself, but this is frustrating and I cant find any other topics related to it. Hopefully this can help someone else if they have the same issue).

0 Likes
clairejc
Enthusiast - Level 2

In safe mode wifi quit working, then it worked once out of safe mode, phone is now rebooting itself randomly. There are no 3rd party apps on the phone.

Tried to remove all updates on preloaded apps, wifi worked in safe mode for a few minutes, then phone restarted itself.

Think I might just have a lemon.

0 Likes
Marui
Enthusiast - Level 1

clairejc This is EXACTLY the issue my son is experiencing. We have done the rebooting, safe mode, and wiped cache partition as well. It is maddening! The phone is rebooting itself as well.  Two other Moto X phones in the house and those are not having issues...yet.

We are going to take it to the Verizon store to see if we can get some better support to fix it. Hope they can do it without a factory reset.

0 Likes
Marui
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a quick update, we took it into a Verizon store for support. They re-tried everything I did then did a reset back to factory image. It still did not work. Since it was still under warranty, they ordered a replacement.

0 Likes