Re: Moto X 2014 update to Android 6.0
BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

At least I know now not to buy another Motorola phone

Axplayer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I highly doubt any sort of update. I'm glad I've only got 2 more months to go on my plan. I should have never signed on again. Sorry Verizon....it's time to switch.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola made the decision to not update the Moto X 2014. Verizon Wireless had nothing to do with it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
daniel_obrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's funny you say that. Motorola told me the exact opposite today.

I ordered a Moto X 2nd Gen for Verizon in January via Motomaker after my Samsung Galaxy S3 started failing only to find out now that Motorola is abandoning it with no more Android updates. This is a brand new phone.

daniel_obrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Motorola told me to contact my carrier.

0 Likes
BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

I replaced mine in December with a Galaxy s6 because Motorola or Verizon never updated this phone for advanced calling. I really like the galaxy S6 and will never buy a that does not already have all the features and functions that I need. Do not trust anything that a sales person tells you about updates.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Whoever told you the opposite either didn't understand you had a carrier specific Moto X 2014 or they are not aware of their own company's official statement. The Official Motorola Blog: Marshmallow and S’more - Updated

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Daniel.obrien,

Verizon Wireless and Motorola want you to have the best experience at all times. You can check our software update page for the latest information on software updates for your device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCNY72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Terrible