First gen Moto X -- update to lollipop -- install deferred
seanxr

I checked for a status update: Settings > About Phone > System updates.

There was an update available. I selected it. My phone turned off and then back on. It went through some sort of install. I can't remember the exact langague, but it was something like "Installing n of n updates." My phone restarted, but nothing has changed.

I went back to System updates and it says, "System Update Available, Select to continue with update." I select. It checks. And, it says "Your device's software is up to date."

On the System updates screen, it also says, "Status: Install deferred."

So, it looks like the install was loaded, but is not completed. But, there is no way to get the install to complete.

Other information

Android version: 4.4.4

System version: 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Build number: KXA21.12-L1.26-3

What is going on here?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: First gen Moto X -- update to lollipop -- install deferred
zebtron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue and it looks like it might have been related to a minor release.

Verizon: 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Emergency Dialing Maintenance Release

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
seanxr

Seems like a reasonable explanation, though it doesn't explain the "Install deferred" status.

0 Likes
TechRob

I had the same thing this morning.  "Install Deferred" .... I powered the phone off, and then powered it back on, and the install took.  ....definitely was strange that I had to manually reboot the phone (again) for it to take.

0 Likes
seanxr

I've tried rebooting several times. Still says "Install deferred."

0 Likes
Emmjay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. Ran the update which I was prompted to install and it appears that nothing installed.

0 Likes
zebtron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue and it looks like it might have been related to a minor release.

Verizon: 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Emergency Dialing Maintenance Release

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TechRob,

Keeping the phone running smooth is definitely a must so I completely understand your concern. I apologize for the difficulty you had when attempting to update the software on your phone. Just to make sure, were you able to update the software after manually rebooting the phone. If you are still having issues installing the new software, please try using the software upgrade assistant http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116673/. Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update installed successfully on my device while it was in airplane mode over wifi and with the SIM card removed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
johnnyd1633

this fix that you gave for the Moto X is totally useless

0 Likes