Can't send MMS on Moto X
miclt

I cannot send MMS messages on my new Moto X.  I've checked other "non-Verizon" forums (i.e. Motorola) and, apparently, I am not alone.  I've tried with mobile network on and off, with full-strength wi-fi, tried clearing much of my cache...I did send a picture or two when I got the phone a couple of weeks ago, but then it suddenly just says "sending" next to the picture--but never does.  Everything updated when activated the phone, so it's shouldn't be an issue with updates (I wouldn't think)  Any help out there on something I can check/change?

0 Likes
Re: Can't send MMS on Moto X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day miclt. Let's get your mms working on your Moto X. Let's start with are you using the stock messaging app? Are you able to receive mms? If so then what is the file size and type of mms are you attempting to send? As you share the details then we can investigate.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
miclt

Thank you for your quick response.  I am using stock messaging app.  The photo is 640kb other photos that I have taken with the Moto X.  I am not able to receive mms either.  I don't know if it is related or not--but I have never been able to update my contacts through Backup Assistance--the phone gives me "subscription cannot be confirmed at this time."  Verizon store had to back them up the "old fashioned way" and didn't know how to fix my issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

miclt lets get those picture messages flowing! Backup Assistant shouldn't interfere with the messages, but try to download Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1leCuMU instead. Next reset the messaging app by http://vz.to/1vI2NAn

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
miclt

Again--thank you for your assistance.  I was able to download Cloud and do the backup (including my contacts); however, after following the instructions to reset the messaging app, the sending of mms still didn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! Well thanks for giving that a shot for us. Do you know if wifi is on? Or do you see that you are connected to 3/4G? Are your data services working? Let's try placing the device into Safe Mode and see if we get the same results with the messaging application. That step can be seen here http://vz.to/1z3uAr8. Let us know the results.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
miclt

Yes the wi-fi is on (and strong) I'm not sure how to check the 3/4G.  I tried sending an mms through Safe Mode and it didn't work.  I also tried turning on my mobile network and that didn't work.  As a note--not sure if it helps--when I had my Droid Incredible 2 I ran across the same thing with reading or sending--but occasionally if I had the mobile network on, it would sometimes work.  My housemate working off an Incredible 2--same wifi and all--has never had an issue.  It's like there's something in my "account"--but I did send one picture when I first got this phone so I'm still stumped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your efforts miclt! Let's try something else! Please download, install and test sending/receiving MMS with the Verizon Messages app. You can find it on the Play Store. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
miclt

Downloaded that--tried sending MMS and it said "Sending Disabled"  After that--I uninstalled it after a recent video I saw on the "permissions" that is required and what messenger is able to do "without permission."  Sorry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. Let's review account settings with your device, miclt. When you have a moment, please accept our Follow request, and then send us a DM. This way we can review further. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes