Can I clone my old Moto X to my new Moto X?
JohnB1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 2013 MotoX. I dropped it and cracked the screen but it still works. I purchased the exact same model new from ebay. I initially thought I could use the migrate feature and swap out the SIM and my new Moto X would be exactly like the Moto X with the  cracked screen: same apps; same settings, same background image, same account info, etc.... That appears not to be the case. All migrate did was copy photos, etc..., but not the actual settings. Is there an application or method, similar to backing up a computer and then restoring it, I can use to clone my cracked Moto X to my new Moto X?

0 Likes
Re: Can I clone my old Moto X to my new Moto X?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, no, you will have to set everything up yourself.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if the Moto Migrate application is still available on the Moto X 2013. That might allow a "clone" of the damaged device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I figured that's what they did but the only time I used that app was going between a MOTO and non Moto so I'm not sure of the full capabilities of that app.

0 Likes
JohnB1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

Between the migrate function and the NFC function most everything eventually worked. The only thing I had to do was re-set up my email client.