why have I started getting instabug popups and how do I get rid of that app?
REBELKITTY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently started getting popups from instabug every time I pick up my phone.  I can't see that I have an 'instabug' app installed.    How do I get rid of the app?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why have I started getting instabug popups and how do I get rid of that app?
REBELKITTY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke too soon, it's still popping up.    I found another post:

Member Hiness58

I went to my messenger + app and sure enough the shake to report bugs was on on BOTH our phones.  There is NO WAY we did that.  What a pain. It's turned off now.

Giving it a try!  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: why have I started getting instabug popups and how do I get rid of that app?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@REBELKITTY99 wrote:

I have recently started getting popups from instabug every time I pick up my phone.  I can't see that I have an 'instabug' app installed.    How do I get rid of the app?

Here is an old post regarding 'instabug' issues apparently related to Verizon Cloud app which may use instabug code and might have helpful info:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Why-am-I-suddenly-getting-Instabug-txt-file...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
REBELKITTY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks so much!   When searching, I did run across the instabug txt messages but I didn't read the entire thread because I just wanted to turn it off - silly me.    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.    That post indicates that the instabug popup was linked to the Verizon cloud and that user disabled the cloud to stop the txts in their documents file - I just disabled the Verizon cloud and rebooted my phone and so far, no popups!     

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that this worked for you. I am concerned though, as Verizon Cloud is used to backup data. By disabling the Verizon Cloud data can not be backed up such as Pictures, Videos, and Documents. How are you backing up your information? - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
REBELKITTY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke too soon, it's still popping up.    I found another post:

Member Hiness58

I went to my messenger + app and sure enough the shake to report bugs was on on BOTH our phones.  There is NO WAY we did that.  What a pain. It's turned off now.

Giving it a try!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rebelkitty99, I know how popups on your phone can be annoying. Did you disable/remove the Verizon Cloud?

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes