time keeps setting to wrong time on moto z force
rumbagod
Enthusiast - Level 2

this just started happening a couple of weeks ago.  the time is correct and then it will randomly skip ahead 5 hours.  it's always 5 hours for some reason.  checking the settings i've confirmed it's set to eastern time zone but it still displays incorrectly.  only by rebooting does it resolve the issue.  i have to do this at least twice a day.  anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
Re: time keeps setting to wrong time on moto z force
rumbagod
Enthusiast - Level 2

How does this even begin to address my question? 

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Sorry for the blank message rumbagod​.

Lets work on getting your Moto Z to clock the right time because you should not have to reboot your phone to know the time.  We can start with taking a look at your settings again. When you disable Automatic date & time, is the time set properly?

Keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
rumbagod
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, after disabling automatic date and time, the time is still correct.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 11:04 AM, yarelim_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
rumbagod
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is still happening but i've noticed that at happens at 6am and 6pm.  checking this morning, automatic updates were still off and the timezone was still set to eastern but it jumped ahead to 11am

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rumbagod,

This isn't the experience we want you to have with your Moto Z Force device. I feel confident we will get to the bottom of this for you. Were any apps added or updates done such as a software update when this issue started? Any liquid or physical damage?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
rumbagod
Enthusiast - Level 2

no, no software updates or apps were updated when this started

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rumbagod, we want you to be able to rely on your phone. In many cases, we find these things start to happen in connection to a game. For example, when a user changes a date or time within a game, to perhaps get extra tokens, this will affect the phone. Do you recall doing anything like this? Also, as you mentioned that nothing new was added, does this seem to happen when connected to Wi-Fi?

0 Likes
rumbagod
Enthusiast - Level 2

No i don't purchase any in-game items and haven't installed any new apps or games

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Try running your Moto Z in SafeMode for a day, with the Use Network Date and Time setting disabled. If the time stays correct, then I'd back up my important content and perform a Factory Device Reset (FDR).

0 Likes