no sounds after the spam caller app id's a number that might be spam
spyzerdill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok people I need help!!!!!   I just got the moto z3 which already had the spam caller id already installed. I do not see the app anywhere, but my issuse is that when a potential spam call comes in on my phone it shows it as potential spam....blocks the call....then SHUTS OFF ALL THE SOUNDS ON MY PHONE.......WHY.....??????????? so, after i have recieved a potential spam call I must go and TURN ON THE SOUNDS otherwise I miss all callls and text messages. Anyone have the same problems.

Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no sounds after the spam caller app id's a number that might be spam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spyzerdill, Congratulations on your new Moto Z3. The free version of Call Filter is now coming pre-installed on new devices to help combat unwanted calls. However, there should not be a need to constantly reset the volume settings. Does this happen after every call or only Spam calls? Have you attempted any troubleshooting including powering off the device and back on?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
spyzerdill
Enthusiast - Level 2

This only happens after a possible spam number..It rings and shows as possible spam then the sounds on my phone are shut off,I must keep checking the phone to make sure the sounds is on. If a non spam number calls me the ringer stays on and I am able to hear both text and calls until the next possible spam calls my number, and yes I have shut.

0 Likes
spyzerdill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have shut phone off and back on again and still same issuse Everytime a spam call come in 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, spyxerdill. Let's continue to dig into this and find out what's going on. At this time, I did not find this as a known issue with Call Filter and your device. What is your sound set to? Does this happen if the device is on vibrate?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
spyzerdill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sound is always all the way up and vibrate is also on on all calls texts and emails.  The only time the sound is off is when I hit do not disturb that is only from 8 pm to 4 am, otherwise sound is always all the way up then when a spam call come in call filter seems to be shutting off sound,so need to keep checking phone to make sure sound is on 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spyzerdill, we definitely don't want you to miss anything, so thanks for supplying us those additional details. What software version are you on? Please check here: http://spr.ly/6605Eb4j1

Let's test out the app. Please locate the Call Filter app in your phone. Once it is located, please turn off Auto-block spam calls. Once a spam call comes through, then please see if the volume continues to turn off. Here are the steps:
Call Filter app> upper left hand corner (menu bar) > Block Management tab > Spam filter> turn off Auto-block spam calls.

Once you can fully confirm that your volume is impacted by this app by following the steps from above, please uninstall and reinstall the Call Filer app and test it for us. http://spr.ly/6606Eb4jG

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
spyzerdill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I down loaded a system update / software update on 4/4.....so far call filter is working like it suppose to.....it blocks the calls and leaves the volume ON ...Thank you guys for all the support......The update seems to have fixed the problem....SO SO HAPPY NO MISSED CALLS😊😊😊

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes