Re: moto z force wifi disconnecting itself
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CSI24SEVEN, maintaining that connection is important. Let's take a closer look at what has been happening. You have taken some great steps in getting this resolved. When did these disconnects first begin? When checking device software, is there an update available? I know that this is happening on two devices, may we have you complete a health check on one and send us the screen shots. Simply follow the steps at http://spr.ly/658384qHh. Anything that is in red or yellow will be something that we want to take a closer look at.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yeah, well the VZW store is going to have WiFi too. You should have some quantifiable data at your disposal. Hard to argue with that. Subjective info? Yeah, that puts you at a disadvantage.

You can skip all the steps I spelled out, but the most critical thing is download the app and compare your signal strength to another phone - in the store if you have to. Download the relevant app onto one of their display units (make sure a different model). I bet you they will let you if you are very nice and explain you're trying to diagnose an issue that has been a problem since you got the phones.

If the numbers don't compare favorably, well then, you probably have a model issue like you said. Maybe they will help you. Maybe not.

Yeah, the problem seems to be widespread. Like you said, you could return it for repair, but would the situation improve? It really depends on if the replacement is of a different production run. If you can remove your battery, I bet the manufacture date/details is underneath.

Good luck.

0 Likes
RTx80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just so everyone knows :

- this is a known issue

- motorola readily acknowledges it

- verizon denies the issue exist

- there is no fix

- it works better on an old router on IPv4 but the bug still happens

- sometimes when it says it's on wifi it's actually not (this becomes obvious if you turn off 4g data)

I've had 3 of these phones and they all do the same thing on 2 different wifi routers.

No other androids have this problem.

TAMKEI29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see that when you try different things it will be okay for only a few minutes or less. Then you are back to the same problem. I was just fine until a few months ago but I don't know what happened. It will lose signal wifi in the same room no matter which SSID. It is hard to believe that it is this hard. Many people are having it but just blame the internet but I had mine checked twice. It's not it or the router  

It is somewhere in my phone and it is frustrating to know that I have a great internet signal but it's a mute point due to phone. I don't know if it does it elsewhere cause I am not there for that. 

It is going to be a change in my cell phone soon. It is not right to pay for something that doesn't work properly. 

0 Likes
Yamahafan22

I have the same issue. It actually worked perfect for several months when I bought the phone but I started having issues with other things on the phone so I did a factory reset. Ever since this reset, I've had the WiFi connection problems. I've already went through everything on this forum and anything I could find in developer options. It does it on all WiFi networks I connect to. I've also noticed that sometimes the ping is very latent. This is VERY annoying as I own my own business and rely on WiFi calling to talk to my customers as well as running sound equipment with my phone remotely. Any help into this matter would be appreciated before I resort to another device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand how important it is to ensure that your device maintains a stable Wi-Fi connection so that you can use Wi-Fi Calling, Yamahafan22. Especially when it is for professional purposes. You have completed some great troubleshooting steps to attempt to resolve this so far and we definitely want to ensure that this is resolved in the end. Just so that we can see this from your eyes, can you please describe what is happening that tells you that your Motorola Moto Z Force disconnects itself from Wi-Fi? How often does this happen? Does this seem to happen with any Wi-Fi network that your device connects to? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Yamahafan22

If I'm on a WiFi call, the call will start cutting out then will drop all together. The phone pops up "WiFi disconnected" and the WiFi symbol disappears from the top of the screen. After about 10-20 seconds it automatically reconnects like nothing ever happened. I have noticed that when the calls start cutting out, it shows the wifi signal is very weak but I'll only be 5-10ft from the router or access point. It does this on all networks. Again it worked perfectly for a long time, but started this AFTER the last factory reset. Most of the networks it does this on, worked fine before the reset. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details provided. Please reset your Network Setting. Here is a link with steps on how to complete this: www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205257/. Once complete, please restart your device and test it. We will stand by.  AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
Yamahafan22

I tried that last week actually. Didn't work unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Chrisislike
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with this for over six months. It might have been longer before I noticed it recurring. Lately it's been seemingly impossible to maintain a stable WiFi connection. I tried all of the fixed mentioned here. If you know the phone is defective, just say so. I don't appreciate being patronized with suggestions for fixes you know won't work.

0 Likes