moto z force wifi disconnecting itself
REGCEC61
Enthusiast - Level 3

my moto z force droid keeps disconnecting itself from the wifi.  I have already did a network setting reset and cleared the cache, turned off the "bad wifi" setting, and checked to see if the system was up to date. 

Labels (1)
Re: moto z force wifi disconnecting itself
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working WiFi connection is important, REGCEC61. I appreciate all the steps you have taken. Have you noticed this behavior with multiple WiFi networks? When this happens, are you able to use the WiFi connection before it disconnects? When did this start?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Talitha_calamia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. And I have a replacement phone. I've done a Network reset, factory reset, got a new phone. It's not my internet or wifi router, because I've checked for updates on that as well. Non of my other devices on my wifi disconnect. I'm not pleased at all, because I have to add store gigs to my plan. I think there is a problem with all the phones honestly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting your phone up and running in tip top condition is our ultimate goal for our customers, Talitha.calamia. We’ll work together to see if we can find out what’s going on. Let’s make sure that WiFi Direct is OFF. Here is a link with the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205151/  How long have you been having the connection issues?

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Talitha_calamia
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've had my phone for 2 months. I tried your troubleshooting​ and it didn't work. I'm still having connectivity issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are fully able to use your Moto Z device, Talitha.calamia. Do other devices get disconnected from your Wi-Fi? Have you checked how many devices you can have connected to your router at one time? Does your device still drop the Wi-Fi connection if you put it into Safe Mode?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Talitha_calamia
Enthusiast - Level 2

No other device disconnects. I have 2 networks. My phones (2) and laptop are on the 5GHz. My streaming device (4) are on the 2.4GHz. I have not done a safe mode check. I will try that next.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate that information, Talitha.calamia. Please make sure that your settings in the Power Savings Option is disabled, this has caused people to disconnect from Wi-Fi. You can also try to forget the Wi-Fi connection by going to Settings – Wi-Fi and long tapping the connection you want, then selecting “Forget”. Re-enter the details and try again.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Talitha_calamia
Enthusiast - Level 2

These actions don't work fo me as well. It will disconnect then it will show that my password is saved, or It​ will disconnect and forget my password. There are times when I have to manually forget the password because it will just say saved password.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying the steps with us. Can I ask if you are able to connect the device to any WiFi source? Let's dig deeper.

0 Likes