lots of issues with Moto Z force
JENJOH10
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last 3 months or so mine and my husbands battery drains way more quickly. Uninstalling Google Play did help some but it still sucks. If I won't be around a place to charge my phone I have to stay off of it or I'll have a dead phone. We are going to have to start carrying battery packs around which is completely ridiculous for phones that are only a year old. For the last week I'll check the time on my phone and it's several hours off. Minutes are usually correct but not the hour. I either restart it and it corrects itself or I'll go into the clock and turn off and back on the automatic date and time and it will correct itself. I'm just waiting for this to happen during the night and my alarms don't go off in the morning. And now today, it has sent the same text to someone 3 times now! Unfortunately I'm only 50% paid off on this junk phone. Never again will I buy a moto, we hate these phones! I've replied on a previous thread about the battery issue but Verizon doesn't seem to care of want to help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lots of issues with Moto Z force
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your satisfaction is important to us and we want to help restore your phone to its full functionality. Which Google Play services did you uninstall? Did the time concerns start immediately after the update? What messaging app are you using? 

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENJOH10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Battery-Whatever google play store app is on the phone. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it as some others have suggested. It doesn't seem to be using as much battery usage as it was. As of this morning it's the screen, android os, and the android system. 

Time-I've had time issues since some security update on 3/20/18 but it seems like I may have had my time changed once before that update. 

Messaging- I use messaging + because the messaging app on my phone that I used wouldn't allow my texts to go through to everyone. All seems to be junk on these moto phones.

Also, change your emails you send out.  I get any email that somebody replied to my post and it says to reply, reply to this email or go to ........ You can't reply to the email like you say, you get a mailer daemon failure notice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all that you’ve done in troubleshooting the devices, JENJOH10. I depend on all the functions of my phone, and in order to do that, it has to be able to hold a charge without the need for extra battery packs. With what you’ve done so far, though it’s still an issue, things have improved. Aside from the battery, you also noted time and messaging concerns. Here’s the next step. Carefully review your apps, and uninstall any that you’re not using or “could do without”, even for a short time. In other words, keep the fewest possible apps you can. Power off your phone for a minute. Power it back on, then observe how it functions over the course of a few days. The combination of issues is likely due to a combination of the software on the phone, the software on the apps themselves, the number of apps on the phone, and your daily usage. Short of erasing the entire phone and starting fresh, one app at a time, reducing the apps to a bare minimum is the next step to help you determine which app or apps is causing the issues with battery life, time display/system time, and messaging. Please keep us posted with your results. Lastly, I'll be sure to advise our site management team about what you experienced with the emails.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MIDGELPIERCE

I have had my phone just over a year.  It hasn't connected to blue tooth in months, now I can add wifi to that list.  Factory reset does nothing.  I never received the 360.00 credit I was told I would get when I purchased the phone.  I paid 700.00 for a terrible phone.  Don't waste your time with Moto z.  Neither Verizon nor Motorola were of any help.  They offered to replace it for 150.00.  Thanks for the help guys.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MIDGELPIERCE,

Having WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity is crucial, and I understand what you are going through. I had a Moto Z go through the same issue, and my replacement now works flawlessly. I'm sorry to hear that the resets have not worked, but we want to get you to a resolution that meets your need as well as getting to the bottom of the credit that you were told you would receive at the time of purchase.

I have sent you a Private Message regarding how we can address this going forward. Please allow us the opportunity to find the best solution for you.

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
harrumpherer

Ditto - HATE the MOTO Z

0 Likes