Re: existing customer free phone (Moto Z Play) not being honored?
SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also did this purchase online. It's concerning that my bill doesn't list the exact promotional credit that I am receiving, not just that I will be getting one. It isn't my fault that it took two weeks for my phone to get delivered and the fact that I signed the contract in December should mean that I get the promotion I signed up for, not just what was offered in January when I finally got my phone.

0 Likes
GASKAN

I have the same issue.  I bought the phone Dec 21st,  It was promotedas $15 per month ($360) and $100 total price with trade in.  I paid off the balance of my current phone and the bill credit I am currently receiving is the trade in credit, not the $15 per month that was supposed to make the phone half off.  I called and spoke to someone that said they were fixing it.  That was a month ago and still no credit for the promo is showing.  POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

SHOBAR95 wrote:

I also did this purchase online. It's concerning that my bill doesn't list the exact promotional credit that I am receiving, not just that I will be getting one. It isn't my fault that it took two weeks for my phone to get delivered and the fact that I signed the contract in December should mean that I get the promotion I signed up for, not just what was offered in January when I finally got my phone.

What do you mean you "signed the contract in December".  When did this promotion end?

You should have purchased during the promotional period and agreed to device payments, which is not a contract (that refers to the previous discounted 2 year contracts). 

Was the promotion limited to available stock?

0 Likes
SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

My concern is not exactly the same as what happened​ in the original post.

The only reason I commented on this one was because it was the closest post

to my own situation and I saw that support was already commenting on it.

I just joined Verizon in December so I did agree to the contract at that

time. The promotion during December was that you get a free Moto Z when you

join the network. But I actually received the phone in the mail in January,

at which point the promotion was $7 off. So, what Verizon is trying to do

is give me the January promotion even though I agreed to/purchased the

phone/contract in December.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SHOBAR95 wrote:

My concern is not exactly the same as what happened in the original post.

The only reason I commented on this one was because it was the closest post

to my own situation and I saw that support was already commenting on it.

I just joined Verizon in December so I did agree to the contract at that

time. The promotion during December was that you get a free Moto Z when you

join the network. But I actually received the phone in the mail in January,

at which point the promotion was $7 off. So, what Verizon is trying to do

is give me the January promotion even though I agreed to/purchased the

phone/contract in December.

The problem with that story is new customers joining VZW at that point would have had to select the New Verizon Plan and the contract pricing option hasn't been available for those plans since they were announced. You would have been required to purchase a new phone at the full retail price or through the device payment agreement spreading the cost of the phone over 24 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know how else to explain this. In a single transaction in December,

I signed up for VZW and agreed to a 24 month payment plan for the Moto Z

with the agreement that a $17 credit would be applied to my bill starting

on month 3. This was all on the receipt before and after I put in my credit

card information.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's a DPP agreement not a service contract.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I just joined the network, how is that not signing a servoc contract?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A service contract has an ETF. The device payment plan (DPP) agreement only requires you to pay for the full remaining balance of the device. You can leave at any time.

aprildew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue.  Black Friday 2016 promotion was a free phone, no trade in or other requirements or need to be a new customer was mentioned.  I did this in a Verizon Wireless store which was out of stock so the phone was ordered for me.  I was told the credits would start in 2-3 billing cycles.  In February, called customer service to ask about the credits who told me that it would begin on the next cycle.  Well guess what it's the next cycle and no credits.  Now they are saying it was for new customers only!  Still trying to sort this out.  It better be resolved.