existing customer free phone (Moto Z Play) not being honored?
jds41979

Did anyone as an existing customer see an offer for a free phone (Moto Z Play) around November December? I went through the shopping cart after being logged on and offered the phone for free. I Added the phone and it even said No Trade-In Required and only needs phone activation. Now Verizon can't seem to tell that I was offered that promotion online, So I am trying to see if anyone else had that offer or is going through something similar that can provide some advice. I have Verizon doing some research also.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: existing customer free phone (Moto Z Play) not being honored?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAWGFR81, it's our goal to make sure that you always have a positive experience with us on our network. I'm sorry to hear that this didn't recently happen for you when upgrading to a new phone. We want to make sure that you subscribe to the best plan available and take advantage of any great promotions at that time. When taking advantage of a free device offer, you are required to trade in a device that is in good working condition. You mentioned that you lost your previous phone. As a result, I apologize. You would not qualify for that promotion.

There is a one time upgrade fee of $30.00 when upgrading to a new phone. You have access to Verizon Cloud, online website support, and in store wireless workshops. This is everything that you need to ensure that you have the best experience possible on your phone. This fee helps us cover the cost of providing these services to you. Additionally, you have 30 days to add insurance to your device: http://vz.to/1xPDUon

Lastly, I apologize for any misinformation or confusion. We don't have the ability to change your plan when you're on One Bill. As a result, you would have to contact our One Bill customer service team directly when requesting to move to a new Verizon Plan. At the time of purchase, you are provided with a detailed subscription of your plan, the contractual agreement for your device upgrade and tablet purchase. Did you review those documents? As a reflection of our commitment to you, we also e-mail and mail you a letter confirmation, as well. I hope that this information addresses your concerns. We'd like to uplift this feedback to those store locations. Which store did you visit? http://vz.to/1BnlKZ1

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jds41979,  we can understand wanting to take advantage of such a special offer.  We are here to provide support.  Can you tell us if you already have the phone or are you looking to upgrade today?

RalphT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jds41979

Yes, I have the phone. It was purchased online. I logged on and added to my cart when it offered $0/mo. The purchase also stated No Trade-In required. It also didn't state: for new lines/activation or Excludes Upgrades.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of the deals during that time that had the "free" phone was requiring a trade in and a new line of service either by porting in a number or adding a new line to the existing account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was also bill credits that zeroed out the phone cost and started 2 to 3 billing cycles after the purchase.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I joined Verizon and chose that phone because of the deal. I signed a contract stating it would be free for joining. I even ported my old phone number over and I'm getting the wrong promo. Instead of the $17 credit that I agreed to, I'm getting $7 off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would definitely be upsetting. May we ask if the upgrade was done in store, online, or over the phone? KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had not done an upgrade. It was a deal for joining Verizon.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Rule one of any promotion these days is save the proof.  its your only recourse when credits are not made and the carrier has forgotten the terms.  (As Ann154​ can attest to).

Rule 2 is read all the fine print, so you know you are actually eligible

Rule 3 is get it in writing from manager at company store, or better yet, ask to see written documentation from the carrier. 

Cover your rear folks!

SHOBAR95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearly I can no longer assume that signing a payment agreement showing

that the phone is free no longer works. However I have two separate

screenshots showing that this was a deal they had during the time that I

bought the phone.