Re: Did you get issue resolved? I have same issue
DJARTKLOM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a little skeptical when someone says how much they care if it takes them three days to reply to an urgent message. 

The problem started about two months ago and has gotten worse.

No new apps installed in many months.

All apps updated.

Android software up to date.

I'm not wasting time going back and forth with you about a known issue with the Moto Z3 which numerous other customers have been suffering with.

If you care about fixing a problem that is costing me time and money, you will give me something tangible to address the problem. In this case, the only tangible thing is this: a message informing me that a functioning replacement phone is in the mail. Fix this now or my next call is to another carrier.

0 Likes
Re: Z3 randomnly shutting off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting me know what's going on. You mentioned that this all began after performing an update of your devices operating software. Have you updated the operating software recently, or since the update that you mentioned? Also, have you tried running the device in Safe Mode to see if the issue still happens while on Safe Mode? AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
DJARTKLOM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bro. You do realize that I made a post about starting in safe mode already, right?  

The big mystery here is why Verizon would torment well-established customers with this zero-empathy charade. I'm genuinely amazed. 

0 Likes
Re: Did you get issue resolved? I have same issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how vital it is to have a working phone at all times, DJARTKLOM. I know this situation is far from ideal. Also, please understand that this is a community led forum with the intent that other community members are allowed to respond to topics first and foremost before any intervention from Verizon employees. If you require a more immediate form of customer service, consider the options here: vzw.com/contactus We would certainly never want you to leave the Verizon family. Have you tried a factory reset of the device? Is there any damage to the phone? Are you using the original charger with the phone without any damage? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With the lack of change in using Safe Mode, have you attempted a factory reset of the device? Ensuring the device is fully backed up prior would be a necessity as this does erase all personal information from the device. Please see the link below for details. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219240/

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
Eric461

How do I fix it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working, reliable phone is a priority, especially right now. We'd like to help make sure this issue gets resolved. When did the shutting off first start? Did anything happen to the phone (changes, or software updates)? Has there ever been any physical or liquid damage?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
tvanid
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is totally amazing that each Verizon representative (or user name ...VZW) asks the same old questions. Obviously none of you have read any of the "Postings".  How about a single Verizon person being assigned to the problem. That might lead to a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our main goal is to help you as fast as possible. Some of our questions might sound repetitive, however, we need to gather the information to find the root cause of the issues and offer you not only help, but the best solution. 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
tvanid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone in your group considered gathering in a few of the instruments which have failed regularly and testing them in a controlled environment to isolate the problem?  Or is this to be left to Motorola?  If the latter, who should we contact at Motorola and by what method?

0 Likes