Re: Z3 randomnly shutting off
robvt
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have to give credit where credit is due. This issue is resolved for my z3. Finally. Better late than never. I am assuming it was the latest update that did it. I have waited and waited for the phone to restart or shut off on its own but it hasn't. Thank you to whoever helped make this happen. Tolerating this problem and waiting for a fix has been challenging. I cannot express how relieved I am that this is finally over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your equipment is vital, especially if its randomly shutting of.

We would like to enhance your digital experience by helping you through this platform.

However, you do have the option to contact Motorola directly (contact options: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/contactus) for further support.

How would you like to proceed?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
No_more_Moto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still have problems with the z3.  About once a week or 10 days, it just goes dead with no warning.

It has shut down twice since the update.   it's a terrible product.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to learn your phone is working properly, robvt. Help for your device is available 24/7 at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/. Have a great day, and thanks for being the best part of Verizon Wireless!

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motorola has some general steps here:
https://support.motorola.com/us/en/documents/MS130360/
What are the apps that use the most battery according the  Settings > Battery ?
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
tvanid
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, there is no problem with battery LIFE so the Motorola page was of no use.

Battery usage by apps is mostly dependent on what I need to do on any given day. See the attached list.

The battery itself or the the software/hardware used to monitor & control its usage would be the likely suspects. see the attached graph. The graph itself seems to be somewhat linear in its time scale but the data displayed is strange and not representative of the truth.  Note the ~9 hour gap. There was no gap in the display prior to using the camera. The phone was laid flat, face down on a wooden night stand shortly before 10pm and picked up shortly before 7am. The usage graph continued normal up to the ~7am point at that time following the red line. some 20 minutes later after checking the weather and several other minor tasks an attempt to take a photo was made. That attempt failed as the phone died during or just after the flash blinked. Turning the phone back on we observed the green line with the death tail. My analysis of the graph would be that the phone had lost all reference to time beginning around the time that the Do Not Disturb function began or the phone was laid aside for the night and the time of the restart. Your analysys would be good to hear.Battery Usage GraphBattery

Micki26

My phone keeps shutting down too.  Battery less than 60% but no other reason.  I've cleared cache and did restarts, still keeps happening.  My phone is 2 years old, no damage.  Today the phone shut down, but this time, when I try to start it back up, it is now getting as far as the Verizon message then shuts back down to the M sign and the Android at the bottom keeps flashing off and on.  Why is this happening?  is it the latest Verizon update causing this?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Micki26, I regret to learn of the issue you're having with your Z3. I use that phone as well and just paid it off last month. I've not encountered that issue since the latest software update (PDXS29.84-51-11-4) applied to my device in July or Configuration update it received on today. If your device is still not powering all the way up, your only option will be a factory data reset. It can be performed as follows:  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-219240/

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes