Why does phone shut off when I have 65% battery life and selecting camera or pictures
bcc

I see that Moto Z Force has the same issues as the rest of the phones from Verizon.  I have 65% battery life and was selecting a picture from an email and phone shuts off.  Or I have 50% battery life and select my camera and the phone shuts off.  This is also an issue when I am outside and it's cold out.  I have 80% battery life, turn on camera and my phone just dies.  What is up with that?  How can this be corrected?  Or is this the way for customers to buy new phones?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does phone shut off when I have 65% battery life and selecting camera or pictures
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bcc, Having issues with your device shutting off is no fun at all. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Does this issue occur only when you access your camera or pictures? Have you tried restarting your device since this issue started? If so did you notice a difference after restarting it? 

JustinB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why does phone shut off when I have 65% battery life and selecting camera or pictures
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery might be the issue.

I had a scenario a year or so ago when my Insignia NS-P08W7100 Windows tablet would shut down at 80% battery charge. Eventually the tablet would not start without the charger being connected. Later, it would not reliably start even with the charger connected.

The battery simply wore out. even though the battery was fully charged, it could not suply enough power to keep the device from shutting down. I ended up tossing it into a recycling bin.

0 Likes