Why do my incoming calls say 'UNKNOWN NAME' instead of the number?
Amerikanmade87
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I turn off Verizon's caller ID? I updated my Verizon a few weeks ago and now all my calls say UNKNOWN NAME. It used to show the number. I don't want to fix Verizon Caller ID, I don't want to use it. There are better third party caller ID apps I could use. I just want to return to how it was before the update when it showed the number. Now I'm picking up phone calls from people in a different area code and missing calls because I'm expecting it to be from a different area code. It's annoying, help me turn it off. 

Labels (1)
Re: Why do my incoming calls say 'UNKNOWN NAME' instead of the number?
bearone21
Legend

settings/apps/app manager..uninstall or force stop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great suggestion bearone21. We can also remove Caller Id from your account Amerikanmade87

Please reply to our private message.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
paulglassman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon introduced call filter in place of caller ID.  I'm not sure they notified their customers.  The second agent I spoke with restored caller ID.  Some of the Verizon agents are unfamiliar with this, and the first agent I spoke with told me the reason was the age of my smartphone.  That was untrue.  

digus
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a very long time. Why in the world would any carrier think it's acceptable to completely hide all phone numbers- on a phone?!?
Now I can't even tell if a call is from my area code or not. Makes it impossible to run a business. Beyond absurd. Someone should be fired for this one. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel this way digus. We apologize for any inconvenience. How long has this been happening? Were there any recent changes to your phone? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Marbque
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem my calls are coming up as Wireless caller and no numbers.. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marbque, knowing who's contacting you is essential to your wireless experience. We're here to help! To gain clarity, if you miss the call, does your missed calls indicate a phone number? What is the make and model of your phone?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
digus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I subscribed to the call filter service and the problem started.
then I tried to upgrade to the paid version of filter, same problem.

Then I tried to completely remove filtering from my line- same problem.

From everything I have read here, there is a persistent change to the account once call filter or caller ID app is enabled. Once this happens, you can no longer see phone numbers for incoming calls, only "unknown caller" or "wireless caller".

It's a well known issue, that you must get in touch with Verizon support to have them "un-break" your caller ID, to resolve this issue and actually see phone numbers on incoming calls again. 

I'm just shocked that support continues to act like they are not aware of this issue, after seeing literally hundreds of topics and  posts about it now. It is a very wide spread, common problem for many users. Are we really still pretending that this is not a known issue with ALL add-on call filtering and caller ID services?

Tags (1)
Lzb38
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know a solution as well. A VW chat agent insisted every incoming call I get must have their info blocked. But that doesn't make sense to me because I can see the number in my call history. 

What do I need to do to see the number of an incoming call? This used to work and I do not have a new phone.