Re: Why do my incoming calls say 'UNKNOWN NAME' instead of the number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to manage your account the best way you see possible. Do you receive an error when attempting to turn off Call Filter? Are you looking at "Manage Add-Ons" with your My Verizon account?

-Joshua

0 Likes
mainguyen2502

Solution!!!

I switched to Verizon a few months ago and the whole unavailable/restricted callers started happenning. I tried everything, including Verizon's technical support. They ended with "it's the people calling you having their numbers blocked." It's ridiculous. 

So yesterday, I tried switching sim cards with my boyfriend just to test the sim/service. With my Verizon sim card in my boyfriend's phone, incoming calls still showed as "restricted." However, when I put the sim card back to my phone, incoming calls began showing names again. No more unavailable/restricted.

So I guess you all could plug the sim card to a different phone so it will be reformatted. 

My phone is samsung z flip btw.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
cfadely

This is what happens when jobs, specifically call center jobs go over seas. 

Verizon agent, you have multiple end users complaining about the same issue. I'm certain your dept is aware of this issue most likely thru a knowledge base database at the very least. 

So please stop with asking abc questions. 

Verizon agent, probably good idea to check with co workers, your email . When multiple end users have this kind of problem. It's more likely effecting alot more people. 

20 years I.T professional, I'm sad to see this issue unable to get resolved. Instead the verizon agents does not read thru what the end users are saying so he asks repetitive questions. It's ridiculous!!!!! 

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes