Re: Messaging alert is stuck
michaeljwyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am glad it worked!  I too am having great luck.  I have had no issue whatsoever since the day I last posted.  YES there was a system update.  I am not sure if that is what did it.  The other thing I did was go into the app info for Messages+ and uninstalled updates.  Right now my Messages+ is showing version 6.4.7 in the app info.  Not sure if this is the older one (the one that came pre-installed with the phone) or the latest one.  Messages+ is not interfering now and everything is working as it should.  Not sure if it's the version of Messages+ or if it's the system update that fixed it, but it's fixed.  I am glad that worked for you, DEB.  I had tried that and it was still interfering even though I had disabled the app.  Do you recall if you had the recent system update?  Maybe there is something they did to fix the problem.  Now I wish they'd just fix the volume problem...but that's another topic Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

michaeljwyo wrote:

The other thing I did was go into the app info for Messages+ and uninstalled updates. Right now my Messages+ is showing version 6.4.7 in the app info. Not sure if this is the older one (the one that came pre-installed with the phone) or the latest one.

That's the latest app version, updated 3/3/17:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.7

0 Likes
DEBHUB71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also uninstalled the updates, and not sure if that worked or not. My Message+ version now is 6.3.7. But so far, so good...not going to complain since it's working now! I did have the recent update, but the issue had started prior to that. And I hear you about the volume issue. That's been problematic since I've had the phone as well. But overall, I'm happy with the phone. I would like to get a mod for it...do you have any for yours yet? I was thinking about getting the projector..I totally don't need it, but think it's a pretty cool toy!

0 Likes
michaeljwyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well cool!  Thanks Tikibar1.  Maybe it fixed itself or that system update the other day fixed it.  I am just glad it's fixed.  Now if they can fix the volume ramping (see my other post here in this forum) then it really would be the AWESOME phone I want it to be.

0 Likes
michaeljwyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah Deb I have been drooling over the mods!  Have a buddy that works at our local verizon store and he was the one showing me all the mods and stuff.  I didn't get mine from him but he sure made me want one and that's why I got it.  Haven't gotten any mods for it but they are sure pretty cool!  I like to listen for stuff so I think the first I am gonna get is gonna be the speaker mod!

0 Likes
DEBHUB71
Enthusiast - Level 2

The speaker has a pretty awesome sound! Thanks for all your input and glad our phones are working better now.

0 Likes