What Micro SD Card Can I Use With My Moto Z Force?
MICHDOUGH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got a message that says Sandisk card is too slow when I formatted for internal storage. I understand what the message is saying, and I understand why it would show, except in my case. The card I loaded is a micro SDXC, UHS-1 U3 V30. Rated at up to 95MB/s and 30MB/s continuous speed. From what I understand about micro SD the only ratings better would be a UHS-2 but from reading about SD cards decided against it as other Moto z forums suggested minimum of UHS-1. Why am I getting these messages with the rating of the card I have? BTW it's a 128GB as well and Motorola says the phone can handle up to a 2 TB card. Which doesn't exist yet. (SD info: SanDisk- Extreme PLUS microSDXC 128GB)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto z force micro SD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having enough space to store all of your precious personal information is so important, Michdough. The Z Force user manual does recommend using a Class 10 memory card, and it looks like from the information you've provided, your card is a Class 3/Class 30. It does not specifically say other classes are not compatible, but Class 10 is what they recommend. For more information about this compatibility, you can reach out to Motorola at 800-734-5870.

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

MICHDOUGH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with Sandisk and they said that this is the fastest micro SD card for this phone. UHS-1 U3 and V30 is top notch.

OLNO186
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a card same speed and my moto wont even recognize its in the phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having enough space to store all of your precious personal information is so important, Michdough. The Z Force user manual does recommend using a Class 10 memory card, and it looks like from the information you've provided, your card is a Class 3/Class 30. It does not specifically say other classes are not compatible, but Class 10 is what they recommend. For more information about this compatibility, you can reach out to Motorola at 800-734-5870.

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!