Visual Voicemail on Moto Z4
JDBreeze1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get visual voicemail set up on my Z4.  Every time I try, it gices me a message saying there's a problem and to call *86 to set it up.  But I can't find any menu option in *86 for the visual voicemail.  I can get my messages fine through *86, but I'd rather have the visual...can anyone help?

Labels (1)
Re: Visual Voicemail on Moto Z4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with getting Visual Voicemail on that Moto Z4, JDBreeze1. I know how useful this feature is and I'm happy to help out. Was your Moto Z4 sold directly from Verizon or did you purchase it unlocked? Phones not sold by Verizon directly may not support all of our features such as Visual Voicemail.  Are you having any issues with your mobile data working (when Wi-Fi is off)? Please make sure that call forwarding is turned off. Here's how: http://spr.ly/6603ExVu5

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
JDBreeze1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I bought the phone at Best Buy but it's a Verizon-branded phone.  Call forwarding is off.  I've had no issues using mobile data.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for that information, JDBreeze1. Do you receive this error message when you're connected to Wi-Fi or also when using Mobile Data? Is your device software fully up to date?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
JDBreeze1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned off the wifi and it worked.  Looks like I'm now on the free trial of the premium visual voicemail.  Well this revert to the basic visual voicemail after 30 days?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that did the trick, JDBreeze1. We know voicemail can be a critical tool, so we're happy to hear that. To answer your question, at the end of the trial period, you will be prompted to either activate the premium version, or revert to the regular included one. If you choose not to activate the premium one, no charges will apply, as you'll just revert back to the free one. We hope this answers your question! EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Marman2175

Turning off Wifi and then going back in to the Voicemail app allowed the setup to complete for me.  Works fine now with Wifi on or off.

0 Likes