Suddenly, I am missing text history?
roc1956

On some people it goes back and stops history a week, some it goes back a few months then stops. I called verison but they dont have a clue. I started noticing the problem a bout afew months ago. My text thread history used to go back to the first text I had with a person?  Does anyone else have thes problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suddenly, I am missing text history?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a copy of your messaging history can certainly come in handy, roc1956. I'm sorry this has been an ongoing issue for you, we are here to help get to the bottom of this. To clarify, are older messages being automatically deleted from your phone? If so, what messaging app are you using? D 

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
roc1956

message + , text history goes back to different dates for different people. my auto payments confirmation text to Verizon only goes back a month?

0 Likes
roc1956

it used to go back to the first payment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roc1956, 

We don't want you to miss any important messages. Many services require that you have free memory space. Try deleting all unwanted text messages, applications, and media on your device to free up memory space. 

Is your device connected to Wi-Fi or our cellular data network when you notice that text messages are missing? Let's try disabling Wi-Fi to ensure that your device is connected to our cellular data network. Next, access Verizon Message+ again. Were you able to retrieve more messages beyond the last month? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
roc1956

I only used 15 of 32 meg. I tried turning off wi-fi but no difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to see your texts. Are any of the missing texts MMS texts, or just SMS texts? PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
roc1956

both

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want this mystery to be solved and for you to be able to view all of your text. Have you checked both of the texting apps on your phone to see if this is happening on both of them? 

We ask because usually when this happens, it is an issue with one particular texting app, so the other one has all of the messages that the other does not. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
roc1956

yes thay both go back the same.

0 Likes