Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kimaustin22, this is never the way we'd want you to feel. We can understand wanting to ensure your messages are delivered, and we're here to help! To better assist you, what is the make and model of your device? Does this happen when you're texting all users or a specific number?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
DEERJOHN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been receiving the message 'You have insufficient funds to send message' after cancelling my account a week ago. I have even turned off all messaging services and turned off the iPhone 6S's messaging function. I also do not attempt to send any messages but this error appears several times a day despite any activity. Please advise what action I can take to stop these irritants. 

Stu6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I stumbled on a phone troll while using craigslist this morning, and blocked their number in the verizon system, after a couple of obscene texts.  Now my phone has gone crazy with these "Recipient" messages.

After reading other's experiences here, and what's happening now, I'm assuming that this happens every time the troll tries to msg me.  The message on his phone should say "Message failed", and this is my end of the Verizon feedback on that.

On the humorous side, in the last 20 minutes or so, he's tried to troll me 8 times, and failed.  I think I popped his head off its stem.  It was aggravating having to figure out what the "Recipient" msg meant, but in the end, well worth it!  I'm smiling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stu6,

I certainly understand how those messages could get old quickly. Keeping people blocked who are sending inappropriate messages is a big deal. We're glad to help. Which service in our system are you using to block these messages?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
ejmack
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am receiving the same message.  All of my texts seem to be going through.  I got 6 of these messages this am within two hours.  They all come from my number.  I am able to send and receive messages with no problem.  It began 3 days ago.  I have had this happen before, but never in this quantity. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ejmack, we want to make sure we get to the bottom of this for you. Can you tell me what steps you've taken thus far to help with this? Have you tried to power the device off and back on? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Kharrell30

It is the person you blocked!! And if you open they text they can now text you!!

0 Likes
curiousone1

I think this may happen when a Venmo recipient doesn't have an account set up and the money in not accepted. then returned to your bank. I have a corrulation with the text recieved and Venmo returning some money I sent to a friend. 

0 Likes
renesummers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was this ever actually resolved?  my husband is complaining about it from his new Galx. phone.  I have iphone and do not have the issue. 

jen_12
Enthusiast - Level 1

That happened to me twice after blocking a person.