Oreo Update problems
MRHONEST21

Since upgrading in OREO, I have had many issues with mu MOTO Z Play phone. Most incoming calls cause the screen to turn black, and the calls cannot be answered. I have contacted VERIZON twice with this problem and both times spent a considerable amount of time with the staff person attempting to fix the problem. Each time the fix was a temporary fix for one day. Anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo Update problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A major software update such as Oreo is mean to improve things, MRHONEST21. I’m terribly sorry to hear that answering calls causes your phone to freeze, thus making it impossible to answer the call. I appreciate all you’ve done so far in troubleshooting. Let’s work together to take it from here. You mentioned spending considerable time troubleshooting, and having a fix that lasts only one day. I’ve owned a Motorola running on older versions of Android most times the updates went smoothly. The times they did something such as this, I was left with no choice but to back up all my information then factory reset the device. Here are those steps: http://spr.ly/6580DaUvK  We recommend doing the factory reset twice, then running the phone without personal apps at first, to ensure the software update activates properly. Please keep us posted.

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MRHONEST21

Appreciate your advice, but I have already gone through those steps while on the phone with the Verizon rep. No change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MRHONEST21

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated while we troubleshoot this issue. You mentioned that you reset your phone. Did you redownload all the third party applications that you had before? Some application can affect the performance of your phone and conflict with the software update.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
masta032

I have the exact same problem.

0 Likes
MRHONEST21

I think we all should badger VERIZON until they fix the phone, or allow us to go back to Android 7. I'm convinced it's a scam so we are forced to buy another phone.

0 Likes