Re: Moto z2 force randomly shuts off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the random shutoffs that you are also experiencing, Bobbyhill64. I know this is far from ideal and we're happy to help figure this out with you. Are all apps up to date? Here's how to update: http://spr.ly/66061wpuG Is the operating system up to date too? Here's how to check for an update: http://spr.ly/66071wpuH

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
ce3000comp

Greetings.  My Moto Z2 Force shuts off at about 73% battery power.  Plugging it in to a charger allows me to turn it back on (that's whow I know the battery power) and I can charge the internal and mod battery tp 100% each, and everything is OK until the power drops again to 73% a dgain.  I have ensured it has the latesst software updates (Android 9) and have gone through the troubleshooting guide that has been provided herein (in Safe Mode) without finding any problems.

Any ideas what I shouold do next?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all of your efforts ce3000comp. Is the phone warm to the touch at all, either when being used, or when charging? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the phone?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Ecaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue. Fully charged and it randomly shuts off. Started in early Feb. Right about time of the software update... Jan. 29....hmmmm.

0 Likes
Ecaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sean C...please help me too! Same issue. Moto Z2. Thanks.

Erik

0 Likes
Djrab52

Anything new on this issue? I am having the same problem with my phone now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Djrab52, thanks for reaching out to us about this. Our goal is to make sure you have a working phone, especially with all that is happening right now. No worries, I am here to help. When did this start? Do you recently download any software updates or new apps? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
kbeckstrand123

I also started having this same issue about 2 weeks ago now.. Very frustrating

0 Likes
Murphy8260
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worst phone I have ever had.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you to feel that way about your phone, Murphy8260. Help is here. Please describe the specific issues that you are having so we can best help. Are you having issues with random shut offs? If so, what troubleshooting have you done already? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes