Re: Moto z2 force randomly shuts off
Shoshot18

I'm having the same issue.  I've tried all of the suggestions mentioned in this forum, and am experiencing shutdowns at at high as 87% battery remaining.  None of which seem to be even remotely addressing the real issue that clearly seems like a hardware issue with the battery no longer being able to hold an adequate charge so I will be waiting for correspondence regarding how this issue will be resolved.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. Are you able to upload your personal data to a cloud service such as Verizon Cloud, or export your files and photos to a computer?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with shutdowns on your phone, Shoshot18. Having a working phone at all times is imperative and it's vital that we get to the bottom of this. I know you mentioned completing steps mentioned earlier in this forum but so that we are up to speed, which steps specifically did you complete? Is the software fully up to date? Here's how it can be updated: http://spr.ly/66091HCyl Is there any damage to the phone at all? All are apps up to date? Here's more on how to update apps if needed: http://spr.ly/66001HCym

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
oldhardrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Turbo but, it says no problems with my Battery except a few apps are monitoring location and that could affect battery life.  Battery life isn't the problem, it's shutting down with battery available.

Disappointing that other Droid devices have similar problem.  Wonder if Pixels have the same issue.

0 Likes
oldhardrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have seen this same response on Droid Turbos Droid Turbo2s and now on the Zs.  It seems to be a brand wide bug.

Never have I seen an answer saying "X is how you fix that issue." 

0 Likes
oldhardrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue with a Droid Turbo.  Factory Reset did not help.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I wish there was a simple fix for all of these same/similar issues. Has the phone been dropped or wet at all, since you've had it? (Even slightly) Are you able to take the phone into a store for a hands-on evaluation? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
momchick

i am having the same issue. Any resolution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

momchick The Moto Z2 is an excellent phone, and we want you to enjoy it. Please tell me more about what's going on. Does the phone have any water/physical damage? Is this happening during a specific battery percentage or when opening a specific app? Have you made any recent changes to your phone since the problem started(new app downloads, updates, etc. )? Share details. We are here to help you.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
Bobbyhill64

Mine is doing the same thing. 

0 Likes