Re: Moto z2 force randomly shuts off
ALOGRO49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi

I am having a similar problem with my Moto z2 force..random shut offs, especially after using the camera.

The phone is not damaged.

Can you please send a similar private message to help me try to get it working again?

Thanks

0 Likes
Karld1989
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem with my Moto z2 force. It started turning off randomly at 40% about a month ago and now it will do it at 100%. Whenever I try to use an app it will shut down and I have to restart it. It will only stay on reliably when it's plugged in. I have run the health check and no issues other than location services. I had to do a factory reset on it and lost all my photos and saved data. Has there been a fix found for this yet?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karld1989,

It is never good to hear your device is shutting off randomly. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. When did it start? What software version is the phone currently running? Here is a link with the steps to check. http://spr.ly/6601EwkQV

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
apuz613
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact problem.

I am still paying the phone off and don't want to pay for a refurbished phone on top of my monthly payments.

I spoke with a tech already.

We cleared cache, uninstalled apps, ran diagnostics - I am trying a battery re'calibration as I type. 

Is this a reoccuring issue with Z2 Force? 

All my software is up to date as well.

My phone constantly shuts off on its own. It can have any amount of charge to it and it will still shut off as soon as I use an app or make a phone call or text. It's only reliable when it's on a charger. 

I use the charger I received when purchasing the phone and I've gone to verizon and bought two wall chargers and a car charger from them to make sure it wasn't a charger issue and so I always have a charger to keep my phone running when I need it.

I've already spent too much.

Is there any known fixes to this yet? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your phone shutting off. Device concerns are not what we want for you. Our goal is to help you move forward. I understand you've worked with tech support. To clarify, what resolution were you provided at the end of your interaction? What was the last troubleshooting step performed https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
elakaye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same frustrating problem. Phone has not been damaged. I have tried all the suggestions. I would love to get a PM about how to fix this issue.

Elakaye

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, elakaye, and thank you for reaching out to us. Since this has started to happen, have you by chance performed any troubleshooting steps on your device? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
tmoore01

Mine has been doing the same thing.

Phone is not damaged.

Battery is not depleted (over 50% charge when this occurs).

Will randomly turn itself off.  I am getting very frustrated with this and ran the check.

0 Likes
chickenray

Same here.  Would like some help.  Very annoying.  Phone shuts down at random.  Take a picture, off it goes.  Hit search, off it goes.  Says full battery, then says empty!!!.  Battery also draining faster than usual but still has good charge when it goes off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chickenray,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Moto Z2 Force. I rely on my device heavily too and I want to help put an end to these issues. Let's gather some more information about what's going on here. Can you tell me when these issues started? Has your phone been exposed to any liquid or physical damage? Is your phone's software updated? Here's how to check and perform a software update if it's available http://spr.ly/6606EI81ihttp://spr.ly/6606EI81i

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes