Moto play z2 update issue
lousyhunter2

I recently installed an  update on my Moto play z2 and now I have a system crash every few seconds, everything is extremely slow, and the phone is almost unuseable. Anyone else experience this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto play z2 update issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Have you cleared the system cache from the recovery menu?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

We are so sad to hear that you are having that experience on your phone after the update. We are here to help you.

The steps that Ann154 provided is a great start to try and address that issue. This is because usually the issue is caused by a software error that occurred during the update process. That process will cause your phone to fully factory reset, so making sure your information is backed-up first is a good idea. When in the Android Recovery screen the option Ann154 was referring to is called Wipe Cache Partition, since your model phone does not have just the option to clear the system cache.

Here is a link with steps on how to get to that screen  Factory Data Reset (Powered Off) - moto z2 play | Verizon Wireless

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GERI_LEIGH

Mine is shutting down after being off the charger for about 10 minutes.  If I try to take a picture, it will shut down.  I have to keep it on the charger to use it.  It shuts down with 80+ percent battery power showing.

0 Likes