Re: Moto Z2 Play spontaniously shuts off and is hard to power back on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long has this been happening? Did this happen after an update?

DillonY_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chrdellinger, we want to do everything we can to ensure your device is working perfectly for many years to come! How long have you been experienceing this issue? Have you tried any troubleshooting on your end to see if it would be resolved? Do you see that it runs out of battery quickly? We're eager to hear back from you! - MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Mmmskittles

Mine does the same thing, makes weird beep then shuts down and is really hard to turn it back on. I thought maybe it was an app that was causing it but looks like a lot of ppl are having this issue. 

0 Likes
TheBakers15

My phone has started to do this also. It happened for the first time about 3 months ago. It shut off in the middle of a road trip, so I lost my Google Maps navigation.

Since then, it's randomly shut off in the middle of phone calls, YouTube videos, text messages, and voice recordings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear about your device issues. I can understand the hassle of using a device that is powering off at random times. I do want to make sure we have reviewed your device and issues to better assist. To clarify, when did this start for you? Have there been any previous updates prior to this occurring?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Hahehachoo

Could we try this again? I got caught up with a new baby in the house and didnt have time to complete the task and the message is now gone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Absolutely, Hahehachoo and thanks for checking back in with us over your random shut off issues. We get that life gets busy and congratulations on your new baby! We were able to recover your past replies in this thread.

Short of a Factory Data Reset, let's focus on attempting to repair this issue with our Software Repair Assistant. You'll be given the option to keep your personal information so you don't fully erase the phone in this process. This step can help correct any software issues that may be causing the random shut down issue. The link attached will guide you through this process and a computer is needed for this troubleshooting step. Keep us posted on any changes. http://spr.ly/6601EQo3X

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Hahehachoo

Thank you for the assistance. I tried the process above yesterday and today the problem is still occurring.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate everything that you have tried and sorry to hear that it did not work. At this time it would be recommended to complete a Factory Reset. Prior to completing this, we recommend to back up your information to ensure nothing is lost. We do offer our Verizon Cloud service to back up your data. Click here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/ for instructions.

Once backed up, you can follow instruction here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212927/ on how to complete a factory reset on your device. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Hahehachoo

I will be attempting the full factory reset in the near future but for further clarification, my phone was at 99 percent battery and did the same thing. It happened when I had Chrome open in the background, I went to take a picture when a new text message came in. As soon as I got the alert for the text, the phone shut off.

0 Likes