Re: Moto Z2 Play spontaniously shuts off and is hard to power back on
HDV626
Enthusiast - Level 1

I suppose it won't hurt to try this AGAIN. The issue always seems to return though. I actually prefer the Moto Z2 Play to Verizon's Moto Z3 (which has been offered as a replacement) so, if this works I will gladly return it and keep my phone.

0 Likes
PAINTMEDICS
Enthusiast - Level 1

This phone is absolutely JUNK!!! There is obviously an ongoing  problem with this phone as evidenced here, and many other sites. I haven't read an instance yet where the problem has been rectified other than getting a different phone!

sierraskyesmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband bought this Moto Z2 when he thought he lost his phone, but then he found his phone, so we decided to give the Z2 to our daughter. What is wrong with this phone??? It turns off randomly, it has updated about 20 times today, turning itself on/off, and just recently my daughter went to get it off the charger and it was at 85%. Then the device turned itself off and now it won't turn back on. I would try any of CS's recommendations if the phone would even turn back on. Any suggestion? Do I need to take it back up to the store? Look up our account and see how much we spend with you every month. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry you are having the same experience as some of the other Motorola Z2 users. That was never what we intended for our customers when we introduced this model, and we are very invested in resolving the issue for each and every customer that has been affected. We have found that following the instructions in this link to perform a Factory data reset will correct your issue. Please make sure you remove the SD memory card first and then follow the battery recalibration instructions below. If it does not work, we will very happily replace the device for your daughter. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need more assistance. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212927/

Recalibrate the battery
Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
Plug phone into the OEM Turbo charger
Allow phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
intermedx

As I stated in my post, I had this issue and it was all about memory management. Unfortunately, there was no support to be found anywhere about this. I had to troubleshoot it myself, but was finally able to get my phone working again.

0 Likes
intermedx

I had a similar problem. Try to clear the cache and see if that helps. I did this and it seemed to help. If you need to learn how to clear the cache, you can find a You Tube video if you type in "clear cache moto Z2 play"

0 Likes
shanenicholas04

I think this is Motorola's problem and they should really recall the phone. I have the same problem and have had it for a very long time. My parents can't afford to buy me a new phone. and I fell that if this phone shouldn't work we should get a refund or get atleast a new phone like the z3 which supposedly is fixed

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

shanenicholas04,

We can relate to how important it is for you to be able to have a device you can rely on. Describe what is happening. When did the concerns begin? What changes were made to your device immediately before the the concerns began?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emm2019

All 3 of us have the Moto Z2 Play. One of our phones has been having this issue for a few months now, but the other 2 are OK. It's gotten worse the past few weeks shutting off several times a day. Last night I did the Factory Reset and Calibrate Battery. After spending 2+ hours getting everything restored and set up how I like, the phone just shut off again. What can be done?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working device is important. We want to make sure that you're device is funcitoning as it should be. With this, is there any damage on your device?

KimberlyS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes