Re: Moto Z2 Play spontaniously shuts off and is hard to power back on
LISCAR39

I am having the exact same issue for the past few weeks.  Phone cashes then shuts off, sometimes while Im on a call.   It usually begins to act up when my battery is at 30% or less.  When I try to turn it back on it wont come on unless I plug in.  I have noticed too, when my battery was not low and it shuts down, when it comes back on the battery says 5% percent, but quickly charged back to the percentage it was at within minutes.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how it would be frustrating for your device to power off when the batter is still showing a charge, LISCAR39.

This certainly isn't how you should expect your phone to perform.  Are you seeing any error messages on your device? Do you recall any changes just before this issue started? Are you experiencing any issue with the touch screen or physical buttons in addition to your device powering off? 

Please run a Device Health Check: http://vz.to/2wDwhVR . Are you seeing any alerts once this has been completed?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LISCAR39

Thank you for your response

There was nothing unusual that happened to the phone prior to these issue that I can recall.  I am not having any issues with the touch screen or buttons on the device.  I ran a health check and received the following results.  I will address the below and see if this helps.  I was not aware of performing a heath check of the device, thank you for the info.  I will circle back to let you know if there is improvmentScreenshot_20180815-122343.png

0 Likes
moto_trouble

Oh please you sell a defective device and just keep sending out refurbished devices with the same issues!!  Start giving refunds so we can replace these terrible devices that are riddled with bugs random shut downs and other issues to numerous to list here!

0 Likes
Acamp4587

I want a replacement. This issue is ridiculous in a phone less than six months old which I am still paying on!!! If VZW doesn't want to make this right with a NEW, not refurbished, phone, I am going back to ATa&T

0 Likes
wishin4more
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been any update on whether this was figured out. I have been dealing with the same issue for a few months now, and the issue is starting to get worst. Battery was re-calibrated and factory reboot was done. No damage was done, whether water and or physical, and it happens at random times with or without the moto mods.

HDV626
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the exact same issue ever since I received the Moto Z2 Play as a replacement for my Moto Z Play from Asurion. It is DISGUSTING that Verizon is well aware of this issue and has yet to resolve it. Clearly this model is defective. I have already gone through all of the troubleshooting and factory reset with customer service. I want a functioning phone for all the money I am paying Verizon. At this point my phone shuts off after just one minute. It is effectively useless. What's your next solution, Verizon?

NO, there is no warning. The screen just goes black suddenly and it is dead. It takes a long time to restart. No there is no damage to the phone. This has been an issue from the start and gotten worse over time. Factory resets and updates have NOT resolved the issue.

0 Likes
T151

This is not only an issue with the the Z2. I have an original Z Force and I have been having this same problem for the past couple of months. I came to this forum to see if anyone else had found a solution for it, but I see that is not the case. I am ready to throw my phone through a wall. It cuts off all the time, once when I was about to use it to pay for my items at a store, and I didn't have my credit card with me because I always use my phone. I had plenty of battery power left, but it would not restart until I got back in the car and plugged it in!! This is more than a slight inconvenience. I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years and I have another year left on my contract, but I am ready to pay the penalty just because I am so over this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HDV626, I understand your frustration with your device. We want you to know that your concerns are being heard and we are working closely with Motorola to get this power issue resolved. I know you had mentioned that just a factory data reset has not worked, however, there has been some success doing the reset followed by the calibration. Please do the following steps in the listed order and let us know your findings:

For the current device please complete a Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps, content or inserting any SD Cards into the device; followed by the re-calibrating process (see below). Once both are completed test the device for 24 hours and confirm if the power cycle persists. 

Recalibrate the battery
Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
Plug phone into the OEM Turbo charger
Allow phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

Melissa_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

T151, I can understand how you're feeling. Having a device powering off unexpectedly would cause me to be feeling the same way. I would be disheartened to see you leave us after being a part of the family for so long. We would love to assist by doing some troubleshooting for this problem. One of the first things we want to do is run a Device Health Check through the My VZ App: http://spr.ly/6587DIrNl

Please run that check and share the results with us.

John_VZW

0 Likes