Re: Moto Z2 Play spontaniously shuts off and is hard to power back on
SCRAPPINNANNA02
Enthusiast - Level 1

How frustrating is it to see NUMEROUS other customers experiencing the same issues as I am.  I began having issues after the 711 upgrade.  Battery life quickly drained.  Then occasionally it would cut off on it's own.  I was able to restart so ok...irritating but I can deal.  Then it became more frequent.  NOW...I play heck getting it to restart.  Often it just will NOT !  It will show no charge...but it does have charge.  At times it gets hot.  I am 9 months from upgrade but out of warranty.  I have the protection plan...but the deductible for this obvious Trainwreck phone is $149.  I am a widowed 63 yr old long time Verizon customer that has had it !  This phone is useless if o were to have an emergency situation.  There is obviously a serious design issue with this model.  And now I am unable to afford to pay my monthly payment AND scrape up $149 for a refurbished Trainwreck that is no secret continuing to happen.  Is ANYONE seeing the customer is being shafted here !!!???  Is Verizon or Motorola doing anything about this ???

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We really appreciate the information that has been shared by all of you. This helps us to get the information that is needed to fix this. We need you to complete the following so that we may further investigate the issue:

1. Complete a Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps, content or inserting any SD Cards into the device. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212927/
  2. Calibrate the battery (See instructions below)
  3. Continue to test for 72 hours after this has been done.

Recalibrate the battery

• Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
  • Plug phone into the Original Equipment Manufactured Turbo charger (the charger that came with the phone when it was purchased)
  • Allow phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

Please reply back if this behavior persists.

Tamara_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VIPERAY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same problem. If I am playing a game on phone and get a text it will shut off. Will shut off when talking on phone, will spontaneous restart in my purse. Sometimes the reboot screen shows up, sometimes not. Paid alot for the phone, very disappointed. Verizon told me same thing, get rid of apps, etc.  Should not have to do this, there is an obvious problem with this phone or the software. Has not been wet, yes have dropped a few times but newer phones should be able to handle that.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use your device without the phone shutting off on you. Lets gather some clues. I'm curious what are the results you receive after you complete a device health check? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ How long have you been having these issues? 

Joel_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SONVME
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this issue and I cannot get ANY HELP from Verizon! This is the worst service I have ever had. Obviously, there is something wrong with these phones, but they want to run us through a bunch of bull to determine what we know, the phone needs to be replaced. This issue has cost me a ton of time and money, this is my work phone. It just shuts off randomly during a call, when a notification comes in, or just while it's sitting idle. I refuse to do a factory reset because nobody from your company can get my cloud to back up my contacts or photos. I have tried moving my photos to my card, but the phone doesn't respond to the move button. I am now stuck with a phone that works 50% of the time, and when it does shut down, it completely drains the battery and without a charger in the field, I have lost work. Verizon has really let me down in the past, and now once again. Verizon, call me if you want to help.

Cmorris71313
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is also cutting off randomly then hard to cut back on. I'm really frustrated. Clearly a flaw in the phone.

Cmorris71313
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tamara

I am having this issue as well with my phone it cuts off randomly and often when I power it back up my battery life has dropped substantially according to the phone it is up to date on updates I deleted some photos and apps but to factory reset my phone I will lose all of my data I have an SD card but when w I try to move items to the SD card it seems that this is unsuccessful I'm not losing all of my contacts and pictures to do a factory reset there's no evidence that doing that will solve the problem and I can't risk losing all of my information and not even solve the problem.

Do you have another suggestion thanks Crystal

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of a correctly functioning device and we want to help. Seeing from your other previous post we see you've done a few troubleshooting steps. Next step would be to perform the factory reset which will delete all the information from your phone's memory and not the SD card. We recommend to use Verizon Cloud to back up your information, which can be downloaded for free from the Play-Store. Let us know how it works out after this step. Thank you!

Christian_VZW

0 Likes
SONVME
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone will not even stay on longer than a few min. As soon as I get a

notification of any kind it shuts off.. Please call me immediately at

my land line so I can get a new phone. This is debilitating to

say the least. The worst I've ever had with you guys. This has been over a

month now and you keep refusing to help! I can to do a reset! Read my

emails!

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 10:10 AM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're very sorry about the trouble you've been experiencing, SONVME. We definitely want you to have a working device. We'll be happy to help in any way we can. I tried reaching you at the number you provided, but you weren't available. We removed this number for your security, as this is a public forum. Please check your messages in the system. We've sent you a private message there.

Eric_VZW

0 Likes