Re: Moto Z extreme battery drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dgierschke,

My phone is my lifeline, so I understand the importance of keeping a charge on your phone. I'm sorry to learn of any issues with your device, and I'm eager to assist you. Let's gather some information, so we can make sure we're on the same page. When did this begin? How long does the battery last, once it's completely charged? In addition, here is a link that provides you with some battery-saving tips. Just click on the following link, and check out options 3-7: http://spr.ly/6609EX5SU -ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Jessie73

I've had the same issues, and now even if my phone is at 1oo percent and i try to take a picture it dies and will not turn back on until it is plugged in. ice castles today charged until we got there at 1oo  percenth took 1 pic and died, 1st time taking daughter ice skating no pics, father daughter dance no pics...among many other events...it also dies forno reason at all. I've done factory reset, health checks, extend my battery and only get more frustrated. Funny 2 months until upgrade time makes me also feel like it's all about making people buy more phones.  Upgrades should make a phone better not worse. So disappointed bc I loved the phone I had before this one (previous version).

0 Likes
mp2001

I am also having the same issue. The phone will just go dead. It is very unpredictable and undependable. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jessie73, we truly appreciate all the steps you have taken to resolve your battery concerns on your own. I am so sorry to hear of all the events your phone died for not allowing you to take pictures. Also, overall not having a reliable battery is not okay. I am here to help. You had mentioned that you have already done a factory reset on the phone. After the reset did you automatically restore all of your information? Have you had the opportunity to temporarily skip the restore and use the phone as a new device to see if that has any impact?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mp2001, having a dependable battery is always a must for your device. Different factors can affect the life of a battery. For example, how often you use the device, brightness of the screen, available storage, etc. How quickly does the battery die and when did this first start? Is your software up to date?  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
masterolds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have the same problem, I formatted back to factory settings, loaded NO apps and still have the same problem, phone will shuts off at 80% plug it back in and it will show the battery is 2%, wait a few minutes and it will show 60%, turn it back on and it goes dead again. I get about an hour out of a full charge, I've even tried using a slow charge with on older USB adapter. It's not the phone guys the batteries are no good and Motorola won't back there product this is the last Motorola product I will buy. You guys know there is an issue but you won't back it. Not happy!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be just as unhappy with the battery draining as fast as it does, masterolds. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. How long have you had your phone? When did this start happening? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
masterolds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the delay in response, this phone died 3 times trying to message you. I just paid it off, so 2 years, the problem started a year and 2 months after I got the phone, and no help from the Verizon store, they tried to sell me an iPhone. Lol. I had to buy a Moto mod battery just so I can use the phone, to prove the problem I'm having, I have a screenshot of the battery history after the battery crash, can I send it to you some how? I love this phone other than the battery dies, it's not like I can go to batteries + and pick up a new battery, hope you have a great day. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

masterolds,we know the importance of having a working device. What troubleshooting have you gone through?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
masterolds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I've went as far as deleting every off the phone and reformatted it to factory settings, then loaded NO programs, left it as is from the factory settings to see how long it would last before the battery crashed, the resalts were after about 4 hours battery got down to about 60% it shut off, then showed the battery 0% charge, after being plugged in for 5 minutes it then showed 75% charged, then when I tried taking a picture when the phone was fully charged I got 2 picture the phone did the same thing, one of the reasons I purchased this phone is for the camera, in my line of work I take quite a few pictures of equipment that I need to design modications for. This phone does me no good if I can not use it for this reason. And this happens just about every time I try to use the camera. I'm to the point of going to another provider with no help from Verizon.