Moto Z Play Droid issues connecting to my PC
dookeye

Yes I bought a Moto Z droid play several months ago and have had the same problem described by many people online and here related to their Motorola phones; I bought a usb cable to attach the phone to my laptop for easy and quick transfer of files from the phone to the computer, and it worked fine one time, but forever after the computer does not recognize the phone is attached, does not show a yellow exclamation marker in my device manager on my laptop, the phone only appears to allow charging over the usb cable, even when it says otherwise in the developer options it will not allow file transfer. the dropdown notification to allow changing of the usb selection also does not appear. I have tried numerous things that other people have suggested such as turning on developer options ( I of course have to do this to even attempt to change the usb options ), update software for the phone and the laptop, install Motorola device manager to my laptop, entering safemode on the phone, etc. This is extremely frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Play Droid issues connecting to my PC
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens when you use the USB cable that came with the phone?

0 Likes
upstreamcast

I have a problem with my PC (Windows 10) recognizing my Moto z via USB.  The phone charges, but is not recognized for data transfer, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

upstreamcast, being able to conveniently transfer content from the phone to a computer is very important these days, and we are here to help provide a resolution. We appreciate you completing all those steps, but apologize that did not yield a resolution. We would like to gather some additional information to provide the best course of action. tikibar1 asked a great question about what happens when you use the original cable the phone came with, which will help us out. Also, what operating system is your laptop running on? Have you tried plugging the device into various USB ports on the laptop and maybe even a different computer to check if you get the same reaction? To get started here is a web page showing how to transfer content from the phone to a computer to ensure the correct process is being used.

http://spr.ly/6584DT0Jr206421 

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TwinDidymus

I thought I had this issue because I never saw the USB settings option.  The actual issue for me was that the USB settings option didn't show up immediately below the gray & white Wi-Fi, 4G, battery, Bluetooth, etc., settings.  It was lost in a sea of notifications (E-mail alerts, downloads, app updates, etc.). Once I scrolled down to the bottom of my alerts I was able to find the USB settings. Unfortunately the USB settings notification does not go to the top of the notifications list each time the device is plugged in.  It stays at the bottom next to Wi-Fi Connection.  Maybe this will help someone.  Thanks.

0 Likes