Moto Z Force; Oct Installation; Text and Vibrate/Mute
bcc

The October installation update did not fix the number count on my text message icon.  I do not want to disable my test message app and then enable to fix.  This should have been fixed with the October installation since the issue occurred with the installation previous to that.  Now, my latest feature is a bee buzzing when I have my phone on vibrate or mute.  So, when I am in a meeting trying to keep my phone silent, a bee buzzes in the room because my vibrate and mute is no longer silent.  What gives?  Please have the UAT testers actually test the updates and make sure all the functions are working accurately before they do the installation updates.  That is what I am required to do when I update my applications.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force; Oct Installation; Text and Vibrate/Mute
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's essential to have the features on your phone working properly. We're here to assist. I'm curious how long have you been having this issue? Do you know if any other Moto Z Force users are having similar issues with their text and vibrate/mute.

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bcc

Hi,

The number count on my text message icon has been since the installation in September timeframe. I know others having the same issue. That installation also changed the icon images to circles which looks stupid and others have complained about it. I was advised this was a known issue and it was being worked on to fix. Hmmmmm. Wasn’t fixed with the next installation.

The new bee buzz just occurred with the latest installation in late October. Not sure if other Moto Z force users are having the same issue because I don’t have time to go through blogs. It’s embarrassing in meetings when my phone starts buzzing like a bee and everyone looks at you.

Bonnie

To err is human......to forgive, canine!!!

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD !!

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6 (NIV)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of knowing the number of messages that are waiting to be read, bcc. There was a recent software update on 10/10/2017 that did not include a patch to resolve the message counter.

As of 10/18/2017, this is a known issue that is still under investigation by the device vendor. The release date is under review and will be addressed in a future software version.

In the interim, you should be able to go to settings>apps> menu (3dots) uninstall updates to 6.3.7. Power the phone off/on and the message counter should be resolved.

When you hear the buzzing noise, is that for all notifications that come through when your device should be on silent?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bcc

Hello – you asked: When you hear the buzzing noise, is that for all notifications that come through when your device should be on silent? Yes, on silent, vibrate, mute.

Kind Regards,

Bonnie

To err is human......to forgive, canine!!!

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD !!

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6 (NIV)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bcc,

That can be very annoying when the buzzing always comes through. For now, let's try the workaround and do the workaround mentioned above and let us know if it works.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes