Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
DMSchiller
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been ANY resolution to this issue ?

Somehow my phone updated to Android 8.0.0 Oreo on November 14th.

My phone worked JUST FINE before the update.

This is UNACCEPTABLE !

Screenshot_20181204-042306.png

ryanm_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's important that we are on the same page,orjhawk. I know just how vital it is to have a phone that has a charge when you need it. So I can best help, I have sent a private message

Ryan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jdkcpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery still isn't working very well. I have to charge it a few times a day, even longer if I utilize it a lot.

My warranty is good until January 19. Would I be able to go the the Verizon Store and get a new one?

Regards

JD

0 Likes
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

Crashcop429,

Your frustration is definitely warranted. We all rely so heavily on our phones so it's imperative that they're able to last throughout the day. Our goal is to help as much as possible so we've sent you a Private Message to assist us in gathering more information to determine the best option to help. Please check your inbox and respond to us there.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ddd12399
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here, it usually happens near the end of a contract . I had no problems with mine until I received a text from Verizon on specials, then a text from a sales rep and same week my phone drains, no camera and no flashlight. There is a constant light on inside my phone. None of the fixes they suggest work. Also happened to my Samsung S5.  It's a conspiracy man.......

0 Likes
ARCTICCATROCKS
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue also

snhardy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks just like my phone!  Very frustrating....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snhardy,

I completely understand the frustration of a shortened battery life, this can be very debilitating. We want to take all steps try and address this concern. When was your device updated to the recent software, and have you received any updates since then? What percentage are you seeing the device lose power at?

-ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Frydaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

I did the legwork...and it was very easy. I called Motorola, they said the phone was out of warranty. It would cost 175.00 to get it fixed without a guarantee that it wouldnt happem again. MOTOROLA KNOWS THERE IS AN ISSUE AND ARE NOT INTERESTED IN FIXING THIS. Please quit giving these poor people generjc answers.

Neither Verizon or Moto will help us. Just say it.

Another brand and carrier are in my future.

snhardy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Feeling the same way; no help at all!

0 Likes