Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
robrivas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read all this and tried all the routine fixes described in Moto Droid troubleshooting. The bottom line is that I might improve my battery life if I turn off Bluetooth and location. I paid a lot of money for my Z Force Moto Droid in order to have the features. Turning off Bluetooth and location would greatly diminsh the value of the phone. I've had Droids for my last three or four phones, and the one I have now makes me very happy except for the battery drain. It might have lasted me another two years. However, I'm going to buy a new phone, and it won't be a Droid. I really feel for all the people, unlike me, whose finances are seriously strained by having to buy a new phone. And I won't give my old phone to the battered women's shelter because I wouldn't want a victim of dometic violence find the battery is dead during an emergency. 

0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
Lajolla1

Recently my Moto Z force began to experience significant battery drain and my last update to OCL27.76-69-6-3 was in Nov 2018, so obviosly it wasn't due to the update. A few weeks a go I turned on the developer mode to try to speed up my phone and forgot to turn it off. I just turned off the devloper mode and the battery is not draining as rapidly.  If you go to the My Verizon App  and go to device health and under battery if you are in developer mode it you'll get a message stating to turn off to conserve battery. My battery is still not optimal but its no draining 1% a minute any more.

0 Likes