Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
LouisB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately it's a waste of time. After receiving thirteen refurbs for my phone I finally switched to a Google Pixel 3aXL. It's worth the five hundred bucks. My battery lasts for two whole days and my camera is beautiful. 

0 Likes
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please see my original comment, on page one of this thread, from when I created this post. I've explained the entire situtation, (as have others), multiple times. Something went very wrong with the Android Oreo update, which has rendered many Moto Z Force phones completly useless as a mobile device. I've gone over every suggested troubleshooting process, with zero effect, including doing a factory reset combined with fully disabling >>> every <<< pre-installed app which is not root protected. The problem is with the Android OS itself - one or more processes are causing the battery to drain at a rate I have never seen before with any mobile device, including full-blown laptops running Windows. With the phone idle in Airplane Mode, Wifi + Bluethooth off, all apps disabled, screen off, the battery lasts roughly a half day. This would be funny, if I hadn't paid so much for this phone. 

Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

LouisB, 

I know. I upgraded to a Pixel 2XL a while ago. But I was still hoping to get some use out of the Moto Z as a secondary device. Seems that won't be happening though. 

0 Likes
kcvaliant

I am also having the exact same problems but the post is not allowing me to see the replies or what resolutions Verizon is offering for a product that is having a known issue.

0 Likes
shabbyjen

I just paid off my $900 phone and suddenly the power drains right before my eyes. And when I use the camera, it shuts off. I have to plug it in and turn it back on. I've done a reset but with no help. I use to go 2 days without charging it. It's pretty odd that the month after I pay it off, it starts breaking down. I really need this fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you are having issues with your device, shabbyjen. I would recommend using our Troubleshooting Assistant here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-moto-z-force-droid-edition-troubleshooting/. If you continue to have issues, then let us know.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
LouisB
Enthusiast - Level 2

You've been robbed. Give up now. There is no fix. Switch brands now. 

pelong56
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's very common among these phones, and after the last update.

I now get a day out of my phone with the location and blue tooth turned off.

I followed Verizon's check list, and put my phone into safe mode to check all the apps.  Nothing was wrong with the phone except the update and the timming.   My phone is going on 20 months old now.

I will get out of the Motorola line, and check out new phones after the new 2020 year rings in.  Just plan on having a payment for life and buying a new pgone every two years.  It's the "Game" or "Masterplan".

0 Likes
supagypsy330

I'm lucky if I get a full hour of use out of a 100% charge.  It's an absolute disgrace.  I've been a Verizon customer since like 2002 but I'm planning on switching to T Mobile as soon as my contract is up because of this.  It's completely useless to have a mobile phone that must be tethered to a power outlet 24/7.

0 Likes
pelong56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would make this move carefully.  All providers, and their phone manufactures are in this game.  It is a two year game to get one to re-cycle their phone to a newer model.  One carrier to the next is going to be the same.  If you never leave the city, you have options, but in the rual west where I am not so much.

Interesting enough after I started blogging my phones problems, and performing the recommended fixes, Wa La, it now lasts a whole day or more???  But, the location and blue tooth has to be turned off.  The mystery of it all???

0 Likes