Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having issues with your battery can be frustrating gonapunx, Thanks for trying those steps to help with fixing your issue. There are a few steps you can take to extend the battery life. You can try disabling and uninstalling apps you no longer need or use or apps that may be problematic. You can adjust brightness settings, ensure battery optimizations aren't ignored, remove widgets that automatically update, and turn off GPS when not being used.  If you continue to have issues with your battery and there is no physical or water damage to your device it may need to be replaced. 

Does this information help? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
suesue58

My phone does the same thing.  Has to stay on the charger at all times.  Can't take it anywhere because it shutss down  between 5 - 30 minutes.  Have tried everything that has been stated, even bought a new battery to no avail.  As like others, mine was paid off last month.  Is this a scam to get us to buy another?  If so, shame on you!  Have been a Verizon customer for 11 years and this is the first time that I have been disappointed.

0 Likes
bdecked
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is clearly a huge issue, I've had 2 Moto Z Force phones and a Moto Z Droid, all of them have had minor to massive battery issues. Why can't you guys just admit that the update didn't go well and just do something other than divert the attention to 'well you might be using too many apps'
Currently my phone stays on for about 1.5-2 hours while in use. It also has some issues with calculating how much battery life it has left, it goes down anywhere between 15%-30% and it's steadily rising. Last month it was at 15 now it's at 30, today it went down at 40 but that's the first time its happened. I've also deleted as many apps as possible while still trying to enjoy the use of a smart phone. I've turned down brightness, it's always on the lowest possible setting.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bdecked, we certainly understand your concerns in regard to the issue that you are having with your device as this is certainly alarming to see happening after the most recent software update. I want to set the expectations that these updates are provided by the manufacturer, and only Motorola will be able to push out a fix for this issue. Our goal is to help provide you with the best alternative solutions to help reduce battery consumption while the manufacturer prepares a potential future update to help resolve the issue.

It is recommended in the meantime to contact Motorola directly for an update on the next software release here: http://spr.ly/6600EFwDg. You may also refer to our software update release page here: http://spr.ly/6601EFwD9.

What do you typically use your device for? How frequently do you utilize your device throughout the day? What type of applications do you use?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
pelong56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have just had the same problems, as well as my camera changes have made it dull and responsive.

The phone is only 20 months old.  

0 Likes
MICSHA6

Having the same problem here.  Update was installed 08/26, and device has not been the same since.  I have not installed any new apps.  This morning when i got up phone was charged too 100%, as soon as i unplugged it, it went to 90% in just a couple of minutes.  The one thing i have always bragged about to others is the batter life of this phone...can't do that now!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to see that you are having battery issues with your device since the update. We'll be happy to help! Are your apps also up to date? Have you tried restarting your device?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

UnacceptableUnacceptable

0 Likes
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

If no fix for the extreme battery drain issue is not forthcoming, then at the least Verizon, (or  Motorola/Lenovo), should release either an Android downgrade, or unlock the phone's bootloader, (so affected users can downgrade on their own). Ignoring a problem that has rendered a device that cost upwards of $500 worthless is not only immoral, it also is most likely illegal under US law. Verizon encouraged users to install this upgrade, (which effectively destroyed the phone), and now wants to pretend that, "it's someone else's problem". 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Looneyman! We are concerned to hear you are having issues with your battery draining quickly, and we would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Does this occur when you use a particular action? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes