Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never like you to feel like there is no help at all, snhardy. Battery performance is crucial, and can be quite frustrating when the battery is not behaving as it should. So, I feel your pain. Have you attempted to boot the device into safe mode to see if the battery performance improves? How long will a fully charged battery last you since the latest update? 

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
Dgierschke
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery on my Motto z Force is terrible!!!!! It only last about 3 hours! I have force stopped all my forced my apps nothing helps. Even sitting idle it is dead within 4 hours!

Dgierschke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue! Unplu from charger at 100% walked downstairs-90 10 min drive to work i am down to 70% 

My phone doesnt last more than 3 hours

Green_TN
Enthusiast - Level 1

4 weeks ago to the day, my battery very suddenly starting draining EXTREMLY fast. Battery analysis revelas a ridiculus 35% drain in less than an hour while the phone is on idle. I unistalled all aps and strated in safe mode etc. etc. This was very sudden. before this, I could go almsot three days without charging the phone.. now its just garbage. I thought I had finnaly found a phone and a compnay that does not garbage their battery life, and I was extremly happy. It was the most redeeming feature. Now, this phone is useless. I am sick of this. I will siwtch providers as well as manufacturers next time I buy, and I will defintly  be spreading the word about how bad this phone is. I preached it becuase of its battery life, now its just another useless smartphone.

Green_TN
Enthusiast - Level 1

And the verizon people in here just giving their generic:

1) We hate that for you, here is some sympathy, we understand, really!

2) Have you tried our battery tips?

3) Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Read the fudging thread. None of you or your company has solved anything. I will do everyone a favor and let them no not to waste their money on another useless product rigged to fail to force you to buy a new phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to feel this way. Keep in mind that batteries have a 2 -3 years of battery life depending on the usage. Also, we would love to help you in any way we can. I see that you have done some troubleshooting, have you completed a Factory Reset? If not here are the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205215/ Make sure that you have a backup before completing this step. Also, the good news is this device supports Moto Mods. You can get a battery mod. https://www.verizonwireless.com/products/everyday-essentials/moto-mods/ Please keep us posted.

AaronS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ryder0442
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well said.  Ridiculous and just a slap in the face to hear verizon blame 3rd party apps.  Hey verizon my phone was just fine until your update. Only thing that changed was your update. As for factory reset, seriously?  Remove all my photos and saved items. Then wipe phone to factory and reinstall everything? Lose all saved passwords and data auto fill? Unacceptable and it doesn't correct the issue. Mine started shutting off at 30% battery. Then 40, then 50, 60, now 70% it shuts off. Goes from 100% - 70% in less than an hoir. I literally have to walk around with a pocket juice external battery charger pack. Phone is useless. Verizon says oh upgrade to new phone or call Motorola. Motorola says out of warranty buy new phone. Bottom line neither verizon nor Motorola care. In my opinion they do this intentionally so we buy new phones and renew contract. Should be a class action lawsuit filed.  Auto makers have been sued for less.  I've had a Verizon tech tell me the updates mess up the phones after a few updates. They know the issue they cause. Seriously this needs to be investigated and suit filed.

ejrfast1

I received a replacement phone last year when I broke the screen (insurance claim). That means my battery is only 1 year old.  My phone will be paid off next month.  I really do not want to pay for a new phone again.  Yes I have insurance on my phone but I also do not want to pay the deductible.  My phone was at a 100% 25 minutes ago and battery is now at 67% (which now my phone just shut off at 67%).  I have been a Verizon customer for 20 years, should we go elsewhere or are you willing to replace my phone for free?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you are having a great day so far and a wonderful beginning to your week! Thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We are always here to answer all of your questions and concerns. I want to make sure that you always have a dependable device and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your device battery. I was reading through the thread and I want to take a step back to make sure we are on the same page. The product that Verizon Wireless develops for you and can take sole responsibility for is the network. The device that you purchase to connect to our network is not created by us and we do not have control over the software updates and how your device reacts to those updates. This is a joint effort by both Motorola and Android. We are always here to help you troubleshoot the device because we have so much experience with these phones, but at the end of the day, the product, Moto Z Force Droid, was not created by Verizon Wireless it is a third party piece of equipment developed by Motorola/Android with its own unique makeup created to connect you to our network.

The drain on your battery can be cause by a multitude of different things. We would need to know how much time you spend on your device. The applications that you have downloaded on your device and if they have compatible software to your operating system software, if your Bluetooth feature turned on while you aren't using it, is your Wi-Fi feature turned on while you aren't using it, what is the screen lighting percentage at each day etc. 

Since the phone is completely shutting down at 67%, I would recommend calling Asurion and explaining that the replacement they sent you is acting oddly. They will troubleshoot with you and should be able to get you another phone if they find this one to be defective. They can be reached at 888.881.2622 or you can contact them from here: https://www.asurion.com/

0 Likes
LouisB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went from one hundred percent to zero in two to four hours! I have to disable YouTube which now uses 37% of my battery within two hours. Chrome is also disabled after the same battery usage. Both would happen while I was at work not using my device! I know walk on eggshells w my phone as the settings allege I've screen time elsewhere also when I am not using my phone. Im forced to use YouTube only in the Google app and my chrome app is tremendously missed. 

0 Likes