Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
CapCityCoop
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's nonsense. People are getting to the point of litigation and I don't

blame them

DUDEZXT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my replacement phone since 9/11 and am quite happy with it. This replacement has better battery life than I had prior to the update. If you're still paying on your phone, call *611 and get it taken care of. If you're not paying and have the protection plan, then either keep going on being mad and hope something changes or pay the $150 and get a replacement. Maybe they'll get tired of the reports that they've pushed a destructive update like Apple did.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your satisfaction is important to us and we want to help you stay by offering you a great device experience. Are you suing the original charger with the device? Have you tested the device in Safe Mode with the instructions found at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/ or gone as far as completing a factory reset?  Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was contacted yesterday by Verizon with an offer of replacement for $75 as I am uninsured and out of warranty, after almost 2 months from the update of death I was ready to give in the phone constantly on the charger eventually ended my turbo chargers life also, I have been on an auxiliary battery pack for 3weeks.  New phone will be here tomorrow and will report on the battery life.  This is not a fix to the issue in my mind I still had to pay for thier mistake and don't plan on dropping the subject

0 Likes
HyperionLogisticsLLC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think a lot of people have gone far beyond the generic "unplug the device for 30 seconds" process that why their fed up. They bought a great device and sadly there will most likely be no other like it ever

0 Likes
AARONHASELWOOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I commented earlier on this thread, here's my update. After chatting for an hour and a half and getting nowhere with "customer support," I gave up on my Moto Z Force and it's battery. The battery got worse. Without the Tumi external battery the phone would die within an hour of being unplugged with ZERO usage.

So I switched back over to my Moto Z Play that I had changed from because of a slight water issue that rendered the camera nonfunctional. I hadn't used the Moto Z Play since March so when I turned it on I got the notification to update to the latest Oreo update. I set my reminder a week away each time it comes on. My Moto Z Play and the Tumi external battery will now last the entire day, the external battery usually dies in the late afternoon and the phone is still about 60% battery when I plug it in at night when I go to bed. I refuse to update to the Oreo operating system. But now I have to use a phone that the camera and light do not work on. I thought I would just keep the force around to take pictures, but after about two days of carrying around and trying to take a picture at 10 am and it being dead I quit carrying it.

So frustrating the no one has done anything to fix the issue!

0 Likes
DUDEZXT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turn off updates and notifications of updates in:

settings>apps & notifications>notifications>Motorola notifications

App info (click show system in advanced) and disable Motorola notifications app and Motorola Checkin

Under Motorola update services, disable background data

MARKAS39
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dudezxt

I started to follow your instructions on your post but cannot find a couple of the items. I did not see Motorola Checkin or Could not find Motorola update services listed. No problem finding the notifications.

Can you point me in the right direction. Interested to see if this works.

0 Likes
DUDEZXT
Enthusiast - Level 3

In settings>app info the are 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner. Press the dots and show system.  You should see those in the list after you've done that. I've also cleared the memory cache in Motorola Update Services by tapping on the Storage heading and then Force Stop.  I don't get the notification about the update anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GiantsFan888, we are sorry to see that your phone is having battery issues after the Android Oreo update. It can definitely be an inconvenience to have to carry an extra battery pack to charge the phone during the day. It is not normal for your phone to power OFF at 40% and would love to take a closer look at your device to determine what is going on. Just to be sure we are on the same page, tell us more, does your phone have any damage? What are you doing with your phone when it turns OFF? We appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the phone on your own. 

VictorC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes